• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos CSS RTS .308 with SS 10x42 Off to the gunsmith

Wolvenhaven

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
CSS RTS Remington 700 with a straight contour Krieger 5R .308 barrel(being cut to 24", threaded, and painted black), jewel trigger with bottom safety, and an SS 10x42. Decided to lay all of it out before taking it to the gunsmith for him to put it together.

Re: CSS RTS .308 with SS 10x42 Off to the gunsmith

Well my gunsmith who is a really cool guy who I wind up spending like 3-4 hours talking to whenever I go over there, has offered to teach me how to do gunsmithing stuff, so I might even be able to smith my own rifle which would be so cool.

Volven,
Cool gunsmith that offers to teach? You must be alright too. Neat iron.
I'm sorta new to this stuff. CSS RTS is the stock? Could you link me. I been looking at a MAK ( local loyalty plus they credit Wylde for starting the tube stuff) but might be open for others. Got a safe full of 700s that are crying to be worked over.
Thanks

Here's the link. http://competitionshootingstuff.com/

My first idea was the MAK, I contacted him about it and he stopped responding to my emails when I attempted to order one, so I went with the other tubegun which is the CSS. Gary Eliseo is the owner and he's a really nice guy, I must have 50+ emails with him asking questions and stuff and he would respond to them within hours, great customer service and extremely helpful, I'm very glad I went with the CSS tubegun.

The RTS is more expensive than the MAK but that's because the MAK doesn't come with a stock or grip, when you factor in those costs, they're virtually identical in price and the quality of it is outstanding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are going to love it! I've got the same set up in 6.5 CM, oeirce action, braughton barrel. It is very ergonomic, light and shoots very well. </div></div>

I'm not so sure about the light part :p That barrel before being cut down weighs in at about 12# so at 24" it's still going to be around 8#. The chassis is great though, I got behind it to figure out scope placement and it was extremely comfortable.