• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CT Senate passes new gun laws

pawprint2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2012
The CT Senate passed some really bad, anti American gun laws tonight, here is the story:

Posted: Apr 03, 2013 6:56 AM CDT Updated: Apr 03, 2013 7:06 PM CDT

By Susan Raff - email
? Gun rights advocates converged at the State Capitol in Hartford Wednesday.
? State Sen. Don Williams talks about the gun control legislation.

? State Sen. Ed Meyer holds up a 30-round ammunition magazine.
Gun rights advocates watch the senate debate at the State Capitol in Hartford Wednesday.

FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

Reality Check: One Glaring Oversight In U.N. Arms Treaty?

hARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -
Following a debate that lasted several hours, the Connecticut Senate passed the toughest gun control laws in the country, and now the package heads to the House.

Hundreds protest gun control legislation

Gun stores across Connecticut were packed Wednesday in anticipation of new gun control laws going into immediate effect.

"We saw that the gun shops were absolutely flooded with people," said Jake McGuigan of National Shooting Sports Foundation.

One of those stores was Newington Gun Exchange, which saw a steady stream of customers, including police officers and troopers.

"I don't agree with them, but I made my moves today to overcome that," said Sal Paladino of Danbury.

Hoffman's and BMG Guns and Ammo on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington were crowded with long lines of gun owners.

"Because today will be the last day I can purchase one," Paladino said about buying a Colt AR-15, which he said is for target shooting on weekends.

On Monday, a bipartisan agreement on gun control was unveiled by lawmakers that proposed limiting magazines to no more than 10 rounds. Those who currently have larger magazines would have to register them with state police.

The legislation, which is more than 100 pages long, also proposed strong penalties for anyone who carries large ammunition magazines away from home or a gun range.

The state would also become the first in the country to create a dangerous weapon offender registry and there would be universal background checks for assault weapons.

Just after 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, the Connecticut Senate voted 26-10 to pass the gun control legislation and the House took up around 7 p.m.

The deal comes more than three months after the Sandy Hook shooting. On Dec. 14, Adam Lanza, 20, shot and killed his mother while she slept in her bed before going to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he killed 20 children and six adults. He then killed himself as police entered the school.

For many, the mass shooting at Sandy Hook was the tipping point. However, gun supporters told Eyewitness News they feel the proposals go too far and won't make Connecticut residents any safer.

"Just say no," gun rights advocates chanted at the state Capitol.

Early Wednesday morning, the parking lot outside Cabela's sporting goods in East Hartford was packed with people, mostly gun owners, who got on buses and headed to the State Capitol.

"I do lobbying in Maryland and the legislation down there has listened to the public outcry," said Jake McGuigan of National Shooting Sports Foundation. "They have listened to the people who showed up at hearings and the gun owners and have made changes and amendments that were less ownership."

"I thought it was a good bill. We of course wanted more," said Ron Pinciaro of Connecticut Against Violence. "I think it was good. I think the states are satisfied with what we did. And I think the country is satisfied with what we did."

Inside the Senate chambers Wednesday, lawmakers debated the legislation.

"Making it more onerous, more cumbersome, more burdensome on law-abiding citizens in our state is not the solution," said state Sen. John Kissel, R-Enfield, who got a round of applause from the gallery of gun rights advocates after he made the statement.

State Sen. Ed Meyer said he wanted to make all 30 round ammunition magazines illegal and said if Lanza had to reload more often, maybe more children could have escaped.

"They felt they worked very hard the leadership from both parties to put this bill together," he said. "It is a remarkable strong bill."

Leadership feared Meyer's amendment would jeopardize the bill and he agreed not to propose the amendment. He said he may propose it next year.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation said in a statement Tuesday a public hearing should be held to address "a large number of unanswered questions."

"They are arbitrarily restricting second amendment rights based on cosmetic features," McGuigan said. "They are banning rifles not used in the commission of crimes."

On Wednesday, the Connecticut Education Association, which represents 43,000 teachers in the state, "applauded" the legislation proposed by Connecticut lawmakers and said it will help keep schools safe.

"The Sandy Hook tragedy spurred legislators to develop one of the toughest gun and school safety laws in the nation. We are proud of their efforts to protect our children and our teachers," said CEA President Sheila Cohen in a statement Wednesday. "This is a good day for students, teachers, parents and the state of Connecticut."

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said at a press conference Tuesday said that if this deal was passed by both the House and senate.

*****ONE big question that comes to my mind is, as CT has no respect for the 2ND ADM, why haven't they addressed the 5th ADM. Nobody ever seem to do so
."""..nor shall private property be taken for public use, without JUST compensation."" 5th ADM, U.S. Constitution. I wonder how they plan on paying for all those weapons and magazines they are outlawing, now that the prices are sky high, the JUST compensation just got higher. My guess is, they have no plans whatsoever to abide by any part of the Const. they don't like.*******

Last edited:
I'm losing hope:

"I thought it was a good bill. We of course wanted more," said Ron Pinciaro of Connecticut Against Violence. "I think it was good. I think the states are satisfied with what we did. And I think the country is satisfied with what we did."

So this buffoon says "we did," like all is now well with the world and they actually solved something. All most Americans want is worthless legislation that sounds good on paper. They don't want to solve anything because that would take real, honest work. They just want to pin their name to some tinsel wrapped turd and say, "Look, I did something!" and move on with their self-absorbed and insignificant existence.

I can't freaking believe that before anything has even happened, this guy and others are out there saying, "Mission Accomplished." I wish we could legislate idiocy away as effectively as these people think they will legislate evil away.

I'm losing hope:

So this buffoon says "we did," like all is now well with the world and they actually solved something. All most Americans want is worthless legislation that sounds good on paper. They don't want to solve anything because that would take real, honest work. They just want to pin their name to some tinsel wrapped turd and say, "Look, I did something!" and move on with their self-absorbed and insignificant existence.

You note that *he* thinks it was good, and that he thinks "the states" and "the country" are satisfied...nowhere does he mention the citizens of Connecticut.

looking at what ct has just done makes me re-consider long and hard about a possible move to a "free' state. There's been nothing in NJ too severe yet, but it may not be long and i'm afraid there may be too many sheeple here for us to talk some sense and reason to. I cannot believe there are this many idiots living in this country today. Indeed, the liberal education has done its job well.

I hope every gun industry company in CT packs up and moves to Texas!

I hope every gun industry company in CT packs up and moves to Texas!
+1, we {the shooting community} may be able to help this along, let those companies know how we don't plan on buying there products unless they move, and at the same time get other state govs, and Texas is a good one, to help the move! I would vote for Tennessee, but I'm sure Texas would be okay.

Start motivating some of these guy in the wallet and their thinking starts changing

Seriously some people need to NOT Be on the Gun Owners side...

Larry Pratt was on MSNBC and was an idiot...

Could not even tell Matthews that what he was asking is not part of a background check and it was a lie and fantasy to believe the background check was some sort of Minority Report into the mind of the individual.

Why are the public advocates for the gun community such idiots with any media skills at all... he looked stupid.

if they weren't' bottom feeders they could dispel these myths that it would stop anything.

^^ To that point, LaPeirre was on FoxNews today and kind of danced around the points and never really got out a specific point. I know he has power behind him but his presentation made us look bumbling and weak.

Seriously some people need to NOT Be on the Gun Owners side...

Larry Pratt was on MSNBC and was an idiot...

Could not even tell Matthews that what he was asking is not part of a background check and it was a lie and fantasy to believe the background check was some sort of Minority Report into the mind of the individual.

Why are the public advocates for the gun community such idiots with any media skills at all... he looked stupid.

if they weren't' bottom feeders they could dispel these myths that it would stop anything.

Frank you're assuming that actual knowledgeable professionals in the industry haven't tried to step forward. The media rolls with the fore mentioned idiots on purpose. They want us to look stupid...

Frank you're assuming that actual knowledgeable professionals in the industry haven't tried to step forward. The media rolls with the fore mentioned idiots on purpose. They want us to look stupid...

^^^^^ THIS. Same reason when a tornado hits a town the news reporter might interview 20 people but the editor only shows the stupidest, nastiest, buck-toothed, red neck with the worst southern accent (NO offense to anyone, you have all seen it and know what I am talking about) possible. The news, the original reality show.

Reactions: deersniper
^^ To that point, LaPeirre was on FoxNews today and kind of danced around the points and never really got out a specific point. I know he has power behind him but his presentation made us look bumbling and weak.
Because he benefits from gun control.

5183442.jpg