• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Current 22LR match ammo prices

packheat

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2012
So I finally own a rimfire rifle worthy of match ammunition. I am a noob to 22 match ammo and have not shopped it until now, so I have no idea what is reasonably priced or not. I have no issue paying the normal premium for match ammo, but I refuse to pay a "hording surcharge" just because it's the only 22LR available.

Here's what I've found in some breif searching for ammo to test in my new Anschutz MPR. All below are available now. What in this list would you consider reasonable? Is there a better outlet for match ammo out there?

Midway:
ELEY Club - 86.99 / 500 = .17/rnd
ELEY Match - 172.99 / 500 = .34/rnd
ELEY Edge - 131.99 / 500 = .26/rnd

C.T.D.
ELEY Edge - 12.47 / 50 = .25/rnd
ELEY Match OSP - 16.19/50 = .32/rnd

Random Sites found on Ammoseek
Lapua SK - 8.89 / 50 = .18/rnd
CCI SV - 8.89 / 500 = .18/rnd
ELEY Match - 16.99 / 50 = .34/rnd

The "regular" sources for match .22LR ammo like Champion Shooters and Champions Choice haven't raised their .22LR prices at all since the panic... it's just infrequently in stock and goes quickly when it is in stock.

As a bonus, they're not thieving gougers like CTD who should never receive a penny of your money after the crap they pulled...

Last edited:
Yes they have! Not to gouging prices, but they have had an increase.

The "regular" sources for match .22LR ammo like Champion Shooters and Champions Choice haven't raised their .22LR prices at all since the panic... it's just infrequently in stock and goes quickly when it is in stock.

As a bonus, they're not thieving gougers like CTD who should never receive a penny of your money after the crap they pulled...

Some increase is normal. It could be inflation, remember this panic shortage started 1 1/2 years ago now. Inflation is usually 2-3% per year so I would not be upset to pay alittle higher prices. I'm not saying to start buying $100 bricks but to say they may be gouging because it's 5% more than before is stupid.

This is a general statement not directed at you tansinator.

Last edited:
The good stuff has been available throughout the panic, typically at prices approximating before the panic. And sometimes available for prices below Federal Bulk Pack and other inferior stuff. I think this is because the crowd that goes around buying up everything on the shelf at Walmart and Academy don't see it on the shelves.

Now, I do remember back to a few years ago when Eley Match was about $.20 per round if you bought by the case. It has definitely gone up... but it has been pretty available.

I should have clarified further, but I was posting from my phone and trying to keep it short-- I didn't see them increase their prices much beyond the typical yearly price increases observed over several years pre-panic.

For example, from just before the panic to right now Champion Shooters has raised the case price of Wolf MT about $40-- that's a pretty minimal price increase over 18 months especially considering all the market craziness.

At least they didn't jack prices 200-600%+ like some vendors did overnight at the height of the panic... there are still some vendors out there asking $90 for a 550 pack of Federal Bulk!

Last edited:
Killough Shooting Sports, which is a very good place to buy match ammo, has gone from $5.49 to $5.99 on Eley Target from before shortage to now. They don't gouge, so there is some increase in price that is just the nature of the macro economy.

Wolf Match Target Ammo is pretty good stuff too if you can find it in stock. Unlike their centerfire ammo its high quality stuff. I just bought a brick of 500 for $80 at the local gunshow. The regular price is somewhere around 60-65 a brick. I know I overpaid for it but I haven't seen in any in stock for a long time and my rifle shoots it very well.

Wolf, SK, and Lapua are all the same brass.
Dan and Dawn at Killoughs are good people if you are looking for Eley. Or have a rifle tested with Eley TenX. They run the ARA and PSL andgive back to the rimfire comunity big time.
Darrell at the Lapua test center in AZ is also an amazing guy if you send a rifle to test and buy SK or Lapua ammo.
Match ammo is there to be had.
But remember prices had to go up due to inflation, medical insurance increases, and tax increases. Big companies just pass the additional cost to the stores and the stores pass the additional cost to the buyer. And of course each time it changes hands it gets hit with a "greed fee"

Here's what I've found in some breif searching for ammo to test in my new Anschutz MPR. All below are available now. What in this list would you consider reasonable? Is there a better outlet for match ammo out there?

Try Geco "Bolt Action" 22LR. It's $50.93 + shipping per brick and extremely easy to get right now.

I read on the internet (so its gotta be true right?) that it is simply re-branded/packaged RWS stuff.

It's the same as Geco Semi-Auto. I do not know if it has an RWS-labeled box equivalent.

I shot both the Geco branded and Norma branded ammo this past weekend out of an Anschutz RX22 and it performed great with the same zero-setting on the scope.

Last edited: