• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Current lefthand rifles/actions?

alreadygone

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2006
Cave City AR
Due to some first hand experiences recently with the ancient 7mm Mauser cartridge I've decided I'd like to build a custom left hand rifle in this cartridge. Other than the Savage (that I have no real objection to) what other available lefties are currently on the market? Anyone with experiences with said actions?

A true 98 Mauser controlled round feed would be just icing on the cake.
Bob

Re: Current lefthand rifles/actions?

Remington makes a couple models depending on what type of rifle you are looking for. Also several of the custom actions can be had in LH: tac30, surgeon, gap

Stiller, Defiance, Remington, Alpine, and a few others Im sure. You wont see a Surgeon for while.

Badger Ordnance makes a lefty M2008, but it seems they are difficult to find sometimes.

With new rifles, good luck. I looked everywhere for a lefty Remington 700 with no luck. Wound up getting a righty Winchester 70. Every place I asked said they would keep an eye out for one, but no one had one in stock.

There are two lefty 700 near me, one is 300 win mag the other is 338 federal i think. $1300 each i think. They are used. I keep an eye out for lefty guns. Tikka makes a decent lefty. Also the savages can be converted to controlled round feed

I ordered a lefty T3 in .243 back in November. It won't be here til spring, but I figure it's worth waiting for exactly what you want.

Look at the Montana Rifle Co 1999 action. LH SA or LA. CRF and adjustable trigger. Should be right up your alley.

Tikka.
Comes in tonnes of calibres, and the barrels are awesome enough that you might not need to actually change the barrel.

Browning A bolt also. I have an old left hand A bolt stainless stalker in 280 that shoots the lights out! I love the bolt throw, and mine might be a fluke but it shoots 3/8" groups at 100 yards with cheap federal factory ammo. Never even bothered to work a load up cause the factory shoots so well. I keep saying I am going to see what it does with the berger 168 VLD. Shot a deer this year at a touch over 500 yards. It is very light, a pleasure to carry around all day.

Remington has the 700 Police LTR available in left hand. 20" fluted barrel,HS precision stock.

I know the OP said current action but if he's willing to wait a few months a lefty Surgeon 591 will be available. I'm anxiously waiting on one myself.

Good luck with your decision.

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every place I asked said they would keep an eye out for one, but no one had one in stock. </div></div>
I have a number of left-handed rifles. If I only bought what was on dealer shelves I wouldn't have any. They've all been special ordered. I've waited anywhere from a few weeks to 13 months for a factory gun to come in. You have to know what you want and put money down when you place the order. Probably not many dealers that will order one just so you can see if you like it.

Left hand surgeon - thanks for the info.
Sounds like yet another project...

Here is my LH 7X57.

IMG_2839.jpg

LH stiller tac 30 with rail finished black with a pinned lug for less than a G is a good deal