• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Current River, Mo.

Sledge1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2008
Freakshow Illinois
Headed there this weekend and wondering if anyone's been down the river recently. We used to go every year but haven't been for the last5. Used to have some wild times, but then the DNR started a lot more patrols. Has anything drastic changed lately that I should know?

Thanks.

Re: Current River, Mo.

Check with the resort your floating with and they should have all the details. They changed regs on coolers and radios as well as really cracking down on underage drinkers.

Just got back from there about a month ago. River was really low with no end in sight. We went on a weekend and never saw any river cops but there were alot of idiot drunk, loud idiot kids. We camped at Akers Ferry. It was packed with campers. Lots of large rocks just under the water surface grabbing canoes. Heard that one drunk teen girl fell off a cliff into the water but was unhurt. I think we actually heard her hit the water.....hard, but we were already a bit downstream from the cliff. We floated the Big Piney a few weeks ago also and it was a nice float. No one on the river, very peacefull. Floated from Boiling Springs to the Mason Bridge. Would recommend this float. Good fishing but no good rapids. Lots of gentle paddling.

Thanks guys.
We used to go with about 6 other couples. A few of the women got tickets on our last trip for flashing the boy scouts as they canoed past. I'll have to check out the new regs for the coolers and such.

Thanks again.

I live about 60 mile from the area and go down there a couple time a year. Water is low everywhere and you need to check with outfitter to see if it is worth the time. Black river is the lowest I ever seen and the Current river has more gravel bars than ever. With this drought it going to take awhile for things to get back to normal.Scenic riverway is run by the US forest service and the state.
Laser the Big Piney always a good float and very scenic float.
Love Southern Mo. good lakes and scenic river always plenty of good time.