• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Current state of affairs....

Reaper 31

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2018
    Texas
    Just wanted to see where everyone's else is mind is at regarding current pricing for ammo, reloading, parts, etc?
    I know 1lb of rifle powder is currently going for about $60, and Berger bullets selling north of $65! Understood that we are dealing with a "pandemic" but I'm wondering what is the stopping point for everyone to tap out until prices get better, if they do....
    Has anyone heard if matches have reduced their round counts due to the shortage? I'm very hesitant to even want to load up bullets not knowing when I'll get to stock back up on components.
    Anyway just wanted to see what everyone else was thinking, thanks!

Them there components ain't gonna do you no good unless you put 'em together before ess aych tee eff.
    In other words, I think we got a lot more to worry about than prices rt now. JMO

Just wanted to see where everyone's else is mind is at regarding current pricing for ammo, reloading, parts, etc?
    I know 1lb of rifle powder is currently going for about $60, and Berger bullets selling north of $65! Understood that we are dealing with a "pandemic" but I'm wondering what is the stopping point for everyone to tap out until prices get better, if they do....
    Has anyone heard if matches have reduced their round counts due to the shortage? I'm very hesitant to even want to load up bullets not knowing when I'll get to stock back up on components.
    I literally just picked up 2lbs of 4064 for 28/lb and a pound of varget for 31/lb. this was at Walmart of all places. Never knew the one even carried it. Fucking stop paying those prices and look around....fuck.

Doc

I've had chances to get primers from Midway but have passed. They only allow you to get one brick at a time. CCI400s with shipping, hazmat, and tax comes to over $100/1000 and BR4s end up over $130. Got to draw the line somewhere.

Reactions: wh20crazy
    The midway price may seem high but the gun show and other scab sellers are worse by far.

I wish there were more than one hazmat item at a time I could get as well but I will continue to support them instead of scabs.

Shop smart. The last year I have been keeping my eyes open locally and online.

My local shop had a mountain of Berger the other day for fairly normal prices. They even had some powder on the shelf. September through January I probably bought 20 lbs of various powders from local farm and ranch store for pre panic/covid prices.

The cost and constant searches have me starting to consider finding another sport/hobby. While, yes, I'll keep up my self defense training and such. But basically, all the building projects, reloading, and assorted 'extras' may just go into long term storage. Matches and competitions are definitely on hold as I cannot afford to consume ammo for that. I was also learning to build 1911's but, to what end as I have no ability to test or use the pistols.

Leave that shit laying, when prices come down spend as much as you can. The longer they sit on the shelf the more “daily deals” emails we will receive. Buying components because they are available will only allow the rich man to shoot. Us that go to work daily can’t afford a weekly $500 range day

Reactions: Mwalex and Frgood
    Leave that shit laying, when prices come down spend as much as you can. The longer they sit on the shelf the more “daily deals” emails we will receive. Buying components because they are available will only allow the rich man to shoot. Us that go to work daily can’t afford a weekly $500 range day

+1.

I havent been buying ammo lately. I have used the money i woulda spent there to upgrade a few things that arent at a premium right now, a stock, a thermal scope, bipod feet, ect. When i find decent prices i grab it, but in not actively searching for it.

I just picked up 8 lbs of Rl16. 318 shipped isn’t terrible. Just gotta look around and be fast.

Reactions: Duc