• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Helix Hybrid Hunter vs Terminus Kratos Lite

Good Boi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2019
Sadly, California.
I'm leaning towards the Kratos Lite but I was hoping to hear what others had to say about these two actions compared to each other. Thoughts? Benefits/cons of each? They don't have that much differences it seems. Additionally, I was hoping to hear what others have to say about their bolt lift/close compared to each other as well as compared to a Tikka action. Thank you!

Ah yes, lets compare the tied for 3rd place and the one no one even voted for from the last thread and dive deeper shall we?
1693416743597.png

What’s your point? I asked about those other actions before I decided I do have a definite preference for something other than a 90 degree bolt. I have a Tikka and have never complained about the bolt, however I know I won’t want something’s bolt handle getting closer to my scope’s throw lever than my Tikka’s 70 degree. I see no point in getting a 90 degree now. This thread is specifically comparing 60-70 bolt throws. Additionally, I was planning on selling my Tikka SA setup but decided to keep it hence no need for some the desired aspects mentioned in my other thread.

Last edited:
Good bois don't make multiple threads for the exact same shit.
This thread mentions nothing about 60°or 70° throws in the title or the Op. Have some internet etiquette ffs.
For the record, the difference is 10°.

Reactions: Taylorbok
Good bois don't make multiple threads for the exact same shit.
This thread mentions nothing about 60°or 70° throws in the title or the Op. Have some internet etiquette ffs.
For the record, the difference is 10°.
How is it the same? Last thread was about custom LA. This thread is about specifically custom LA with less that 90 degree throws and even more specifically about Curtis vs Terminus’ lightweight long actions. In this thread I don’t care if a Defiance, Impact, whatever has this that or the other over a Terminus or a Curtis, I want to know how the Terminus feels compared to the Curtis and if it’s even worth spending the extra over a Tikka. Additionally, the last thread didn’t even include Curtis.

Get the Kratos. I like the feeling and finish better than the Curtis and the Terminus feeds better.

Stop thinking about it.

Neither, I have Kratos and not a huge fan. Impact blows it out of the water in every area. A defiance or BAT would be 2nd.

Bolt throw angle is really nothing. Guys win PRS matches with predominately 90* actions. In fact, it takes the same energy with a 60* bolt, so its actually harder to run.

People who crow about 60 degree bolt throws, rarely shoot guns. Its a non issue.

Neither, I have Kratos and not a huge fan. Impact blows it out of the water in every area. A defiance or BAT would be 2nd.

Bolt throw angle is really nothing. Guys win PRS matches with predominately 90* actions. In fact, it takes the same energy with a 60* bolt, so its actually harder to run.

People who crow about 60 degree bolt throws, rarely shoot guns. Its a non issue.
Please let me know if you're willing to sell it.

Has anyone tried the Fierce titanium triad 3-lug action? I assume it's worse than the Kratos but you know what they say about assumptions.

Last edited:
I've been told by customers that both can be troublesome with snow, ice, dirt and dust getting in around the bolt due to both sides of the action being opened.
I've done them for NRL Hunter rigs to save a little weight. Unless you really need to shave mere ounces I would just go with a standard Kratos or Helix.

I've been told by customers that both can be troublesome with snow, ice, dirt and dust getting in around the bolt due to both sides of the action being opened.
I've done them for NRL Hunter rigs to save a little weight. Unless you really need to shave mere ounces I would just go with a standard Kratos or Helix.
If forgoing weight savings, what about the Zeus? Idk about the QC version for 7 PRC... I'm leaning towards the regular threaded version. I remember reading or watching something about tube actions like the Kratos actually having tighter tolerances than something with squared edges like the Zeus. I believe it had to do with spinning/lathing it rather than milling it. However, I don't know if this is true and I also don't know if the Kratos is spun considering it has an integral recoil lug. I'm lacking in machine shop knowledge lol. Besides the angles, there's the thicker recoil lug and that's about it I believe (besides the QC feature I don't need since I have a barrel vice and don't need to change barrels in the field). How important that extra thick recoil lug is I have no idea. I assume not much since there's a good amount of Rem 700 custom actions that don't even have an integrated recoil lug to begin with. Would love to hear other's inputs however.

Last edited:
If forgoing weight savings, what about the Zeus? Idk about the QC version for 7 PRC... I'm leaning towards the regular threaded version. I remember reading or watching something about tube actions like the Kratos actually having tighter tolerances than something with squared edges like the Zeus. I believe it had to do with spinning/lathing it rather than milling it. However, I don't know if this is true and I also don't know if the Kratos is spun considering it has an integral recoil lug. I'm lacking in machine shop knowledge lol. Besides the angles, there's the thicker recoil lug and that's about it I believe (besides the QC feature I don't need since I have a barrel vice and don't need to change barrels in the field). How important that extra thick recoil lug is I have no idea. I assume not much since there's a good amount of Rem 700 custom actions that don't even have an integrated recoil lug to begin with. Would love to hear other's inputs however.
I just picked up my 308 built on a Zeus with full threads. So far I love it. With my crazy work schedule lately I have only got to shoot 3 rounds through it because turned to crap by the time I got everything set up at the range.

I have the same Issue with Impact fan boys. Nothing special with their action. Owned two and never again.

Lone peak and some Defiance blow them out the water.

I have a SA Zeus QC and have had it probably 3ish years. I’m not a PRS guy even though one day when I have more free time id love to dabble in it. My SA Zeus has a 20 inch heavy palma 308 barrel from Deep South Tactical with a rugged razor can on the end. I have it in a MDT XRS and it’s been my go to deer/hog rifle. I have zero complaints and any Terminus product if you have a question/issue Joel is top notch. Best of luck with your decision.

How is it the same? Last thread was about custom LA. This thread is about specifically custom LA with less that 90 degree throws and even more specifically about Curtis vs Terminus’ lightweight long actions. In this thread I don’t care if a Defiance, Impact, whatever has this that or the other over a Terminus or a Curtis, I want to know how the Terminus feels compared to the Curtis and if it’s even worth spending the extra over a Tikka. Additionally, the last thread didn’t even include Curtis.
Where in the title or OP does it say anything about <90° bolt throw?
This could all easily be contained in your poll thread.
Mods, please merge. @Rob01

The Zeus is solid, rugged and simple. I would never turn someone away from the Zeus. I haven't seen any issues with the tolerances. The scope base and recoil lug being one piece and tool-less removal of the firing pin assembly is a plus in my book.

I have the same Issue with Impact fan boys. Nothing special with their action. Owned two and never again.

Lone peak and some Defiance blow them out the water.
Nothing special about them, except then run and run run and run out of the box with no modifications.

That's hilarious considering Lone peaks need a dremel job out the gate to cleanly eject certain cases and defiance did not even come out with a prefit capable action until a few years ago despite being the dominate action for the last 8 or so years. I guess their machining wasn't really that consistent after all. Meanwhile the Surgeon actions which were the predecessors to Impact, were prefit capable over a decade ago before anyone even know it was a thing. Impact will keep on dominating PRS and the games where reliable feeding and extraction actually matter. Lone peak even stole impacts tennon dimensions and only changed the cone. They are pretty much interchangeable when it comes to prefits. They are a shitty attempt to clone impact. For the Lone Peakers:
IMG_5782.jpg

Last edited:
Please let me know if you're willing to sell it.

Has anyone tried the Fierce titanium triad 3-lug action? I assume it's worse than the Kratos but you know what they say about assumptions.
Sure its a 300NM with a 30" Bartlien HV sitting in a Hybrid chassis with all the goodies.

Nothing special about them, except then run and run run and run out of the box with no modifications.

That's hilarious considering Lone peaks need a dremel job out the gate to cleanly eject certain cases and defiance did not even come out with a prefit capable action until a few years ago despite being the dominate action for the last 8 or so years. I guess their machining wasn't really that consistent after all. Meanwhile the Surgeon actions which were the predecessors to Impact, were prefit capable over a decade ago before anyone even know it was a thing. Impact will keep on dominating PRS and the games where reliable feeding and extraction actually matter. Lone peak even stole impacts tennon dimensions and only changed the cone. They are pretty much interchangeable when it comes to prefits. They are a shitty attempt to clone impact. For the Lone Peakers:View attachment 8216702

TF prefit have anything to do in this conversation and fucking PRS. No one cares about PRS anymore. A game of who’s best bed buddy with the sponsors.

Surgeon is in the abyss now. A pathetic failure. The Impact is still shitty Surgeon clone.

I have plenty of case of Impact actions with ejection and feeding issues out of the box that were not solved with replacement parts because they were out of spec.

Continue to drink the Kool aid

Attachments

• IMG_5629.jpeg
    IMG_5629.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5628.jpeg
    IMG_5628.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
TF prefit have anything to do in this conversation and fucking PRS. No one cares about PRS anymore. A game of who’s best bed buddy with the sponsors.

Surgeon is in the abyss now. A pathetic failure. The Impact is still shitty Surgeon clone.

I have plenty of case of Impact actions with ejection and feeding issues out of the box that were not solved with replacement parts because they were out of spec.

Continue to drink the Kool aid
We just shoot a few hundred/thousand rounds a month out of bolt guns. Truth Talks and bullshit walks.

You dont know what you dont know.

We just shoot a few hundred/thousand rounds a month out of bolt guns. Truth Talks and bullshit walks.

You dont know what you dont know.
That's a lot rounds to shoot to still be in 65th place. Remember, it's PERFECT practice that makes perfect. PRS isn't an accuracy by volume game. Your round count only further exemplifies what a bad shooter you actually are.

That's a lot rounds to shoot to still be in 65th place. Remember, it's PERFECT practice that makes perfect. PRS isn't an accuracy by volume game. Your round count only further exemplifies what a bad shooter you actually are.
Feel free to come out and run your fuck hole. Doubt you will but put up or shut up.

Since we've descended into asshatery, just a gentle reminder that we're well into the 2k rounds with out a failure during competitions with the AI (ATX) for @DeathBeforeDismount. Perhaps I could loan it to @Tokay444 for the showdown.

Its been a sandy dry summer here too!

• Love
Reactions: Tokay444