• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis/Terminus actions

Agomez

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2021
Othello
I’m convinced on building a Prs rig and also looking for a 60 degree bolt.

Other than threaded trigger pins, what other differences are there in these actions?

Is coating different?

Are these worth the extra $$ over Solus?

I’ve seen sales run on Curtis; but not on terminus…anyone know if terminus runs sales?

I’ve owned both a vector and own a Zeus. Never had hands on a solus so can’t not comment. I would first take a terminus over a Curtis. Joel’s service is excellent, his product is better in my mind.

Consider the Arc Coup de Grace. Incredible action. Theyre still $900 at the moment, and delivery probably around September.

Reactions: kampr
A couple of Terminus Zeus QC actions are on my list of things to get, here's why: threaded trigger pins, integrated and thicker recoil lug, integrated rail, DLC coating, AW/AICS mag cut, and Joel designed both so he knows what improvements should be made with the Terminus actions and he implemented them. And Joel is the guy who answers the phone! GREAT CS, QC and QA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agomez
Another related thread:

OP, get what you really want the first time because you'll regret it if you don't.
1683906612285.jpeg

Reactions: Milf Dots
Consider the Arc Coup de Grace. Incredible action. Theyre still $900 at the moment, and delivery probably around September.

I have owned all three; Curtis Axiom, Terminus Zeus QC, and ARC CDG. The Curtis and Terminus have since been sold. Go CDG.

Reactions: st1650
60 degree is gay. Most prs shooters are running 90* for a reason. I got a terminus Kratos sitting right here next to me. It's ok but doesn't hold a candle to impact.

Curtis has shit customer service and has design /material flaws. Joel designed their shit then left to form terminus. Same issue with bolt stop failures, guy in my squad had his zues go down last weekend at a national match.

Skip the bullshit and frustration and just buy an impact.

Arc makes great actions for people who don't shoot often.

There is a reason most competitive shooters migrate to impact...they just work all the time everytime.

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
Newbies like you giving advice is hilarious considering a month ago you were asking the same shit.

Secondly you don't know what you want yet becuase you don't know shit. That comes with experience.
Well, the Belted Earl has spoken! You seem like a newbie yourself. Usually the one who beaks off the most knows the least. Trying to compensate for one's own insecurities?

What contexts other than competitive shooting are valuable when assessing an action @DeathBeforeDismount?

-Stan
The op said he was building a PRS rig. If he was building a fclass or benchrest you may get a different suggestion ( BAT or Borden). If he needed a hunting gun I would probally just reccomend a tikka and save the cash.

What's important to me?

Design- how the action is designed to reduce or eliminate failure of small parts. How do they hold up under heavy firing schedules and will they still run when wet, muddy, dirty, dry. Do I need to worry about trigger timing?

Support- is the action well supported , are spare parts easy to come by ( extra bolts and firing assemblies). How is the ecosystem? Are there plentiful in stock prefits made by the best smith's ( stuetsville, lri, hh, sac, spr, gap) using the best barrels ( bartlien, hh).

Feel- how does it feel running it. Less important but is is smooth? Does it have anti bind rails so I can run it off axis and it not bind or malfunction when it's dirty.

Reputation- how long have them been building actions. Tate worked and helped design the Surgeon 591, which until the impact came out was the golden standard of actions for the preceeding 10 years. Impact is basically an updated and product improved surgeon. Very long tract record of excellence. Surgeon sold out like defiance. I wouldn't buy either , I prefer to buy from the guy who invented and still makes them. There is pride you cannot buy.

Just some of the things to think about.

And to the dickhead who said I am new to this, I have been building buying and shooting LR guns for over 20 years. Not as long as some of the old heads around here but longer than some of the peckerheads talking shit in here. I built guns that are older than some of these clowns.

Reactions: stanley_white
The op said he was building a PRS rig. If he was building a fclass or benchrest you may get a different suggestion ( BAT or Borden). If he needed a hunting gun I would probally just reccomend a tikka and save the cash.

What's important to me?

Design- how the action is designed to reduce or eliminate failure of small parts. How do they hold up under heavy firing schedules and will they still run when wet, muddy, dirty, dry. Do I need to worry about trigger timing?

Support- is the action well supported , are spare parts easy to come by ( extra bolts and firing assemblies). How is the ecosystem? Are there plentiful in stock prefits made by the best smith's ( stuetsville, lri, hh, sac, spr, gap) using the best barrels ( bartlien, hh).

Feel- how does it feel running it. Less important but is is smooth? Does it have anti bind rails so I can run it off axis and it not bind or malfunction when it's dirty.

Reputation- how long have them been building actions. Tate worked and helped design the Surgeon 591, which until the impact came out was the golden standard of actions for the preceeding 10 years. Impact is basically an updated and product improved surgeon. Very long tract record of excellence. Surgeon sold out like defiance. I wouldn't buy either , I prefer to buy from the guy who invented and still makes them. There is pride you cannot buy.

Just some of the things to think about.

And to the dickhead who said I am new to this, I have been building buying and shooting LR guns for over 20 years. Not as long as some of the old heads around here but longer than some of the peckerheads talking shit in here. I built guns that are older than some of these clowns.
Thank you!

-Stan

You have added nothing of substance to this thread. If you want to talk shit atleast put up some knowledge to refute what's been said. Or just keep being a little bitch.
"Newbies like you giving advice is hilarious considering a month ago you were asking the same shit.

Secondly you don't know what you want yet becuase you don't know shit. That comes with experience."

The above is what you posted. What substance is that? A guy makes a comment and you gave an asshole response which is not unusual from you based on your post history. Before you point fingers remember when you do you have three pointed at yourself.

"Newbies like you giving advice is hilarious considering a month ago you were asking the same shit.

Secondly you don't know what you want yet becuase you don't know shit. That comes with experience."

The above is what you posted. What substance is that? A guy makes a comment and you gave an asshole response which is not unusual from you based on your post history. Before you point fingers remember when you do you have three pointed at yourself.
You are ignorant of the goings on of this site. Advice was given to OP who asked. Shit slinging at milf dots was warranted, which is why so many people agreed with it. Difference is I know what the fuck I'm talking about....do you?

You are ignorant of the goings on of this site. Advice was given to OP who asked. Shit slinging at milf dots was warranted, which is why so many people agreed with it. Difference is I know what the fuck I'm talking about....do you?
I am not going to derail this thread any longer. If you want to pm me I can give you my background.