• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Vector video review

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Hey guys, I posted this in the Vector thread, but figured I’d start a new one in case there were questions, comments, etc.

I know it’s a little lengthy but I go through a few different aspects, as well as discuss how it’s a “do all rifle” for me.

ETA: IF YOU WANT TO SKIP TO THE BARREL CHANGE DEMO GO TO THE 16 MINUTE MARK

Last edited:
    Great video Will. Have you tried any testing with zero shift when striking the barrel? There is a thread on the ARC Barloc and some posts on facebook that suggest a zero shift if the barrel is impacted from the side or top/bottom, and I am curious as to how the vector system hold up to this. Pretty easy to test, with a dead-blow hammer, or just banging it on a barricade or something.

Great video Will. Have you tried any testing with zero shift when striking the barrel? There is a thread on the ARC Barloc and some posts on facebook that suggest a zero shift if the barrel is impacted from the side or top/bottom, and I am curious as to how the vector system hold up to this. Pretty easy to test, with a dead-blow hammer, or just banging it on a barricade or something.

I’ve gotten a couple requests to do this so I’ll definitely make a video on it. I’ve got a rubber mallet I can use.

I have definitely inadvertently whacked my barrel on barricades, portholes, and even low hanging roof rafters with no adverse effects.

So will the 223 mags work if you are having issues with the aics mags?

This vid made me have a moment with myself rethinking my recent tempest purchases...

I’ve gotten a couple requests to do this so I’ll definitely make a video on it. I’ve got a rubber mallet I can use.

I have definitely inadvertently whacked my barrel on barricades, portholes, and even low hanging roof rafters with no adverse effects.

Rubber mallet? Don’t be a bitch.

DD9CF6E0-A501-45D3-8C89-8F1343768FE3.gif

Great video!!

I think it just matters what kind of Chassis/bottom metal you are running for the mag issue (aics, accurate mag). For instance, I have the Cadex and there is just a slight resistance when I put the weight of the rifle on the mag, but nothing to cause a problem. Same with the MDT as well. I would LOVE to run some AWs, though.

Great video!!

I think it just matters what kind of Chassis/bottom metal you are running for the mag issue (aics, accurate mag). For instance, I have the Cadex and there is just a slight resistance when I put the weight of the rifle on the mag, but nothing to cause a problem. Same with the MDT as well. I would LOVE to run some AWs, though.

Why can’t you run AWs?

@Covertnoob5

Need to watch the video again, but did it take any work to get aw mags to catch in the sentinel?

File the mag latch. Seems to be a standard thing for every chassis I've used (kmw, manners, ACC) except the JAllen. Go slow, I filed too much off the manners the first time around had to get a replacement latch.

Minor filing allowed it to catch.

But now I’m having issues with either

A: bolt riding over round

B: some rounds angling too high on feed ramp and missing the chamber

Did you have either of those issues in the sentinel?

I had an issue where my 2nd last round would hit the feed ramp and not feed. I opened up the feed lips slightly. Haven't had any issues since.

I had an issue where my 2nd last round would hit the feed ramp and not feed. I opened up the feed lips slightly. Haven't had any issues since.

You opened the lips on the mag? Front, back, or evenly?

Here’s a pic of a round that missed the chamber. It was on right side of mag and missed left.

Yup looks similar to mine. I opened it up in the middle evenly and it fixed itself. I just used needle nosed pliers. Only opened it a very minor amount. My second to last round would always go left and miss the chamber

Yup looks similar to mine. I opened it up in the middle evenly and it fixed itself. I just used needle nosed pliers. Only opened it a very minor amount. My second to last round would always go left and miss the chamber

Got it working. I took note where the back of the casing was in the mag when it would malfunction. Took needle nose pliers and opened the mag lips from that point forward.

Feeds perfectly now.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
    Got it working. I took note where the back of the casing was in the mag when it would malfunction. Took needle nose pliers and opened the mag lips from that point forward.

Feeds perfectly now.
    Awesome glad it worked out!

Dang sorry about that. Is it just a certain part or the whole thing?

It's the whole thing. No big deal, just letting you know. :) Thanks for sharing the info.

Could hear everything fine but had to crank the volume wayyy up.

It's the whole thing. No big deal, just letting you know. :) Thanks for sharing the info.

Could hear everything fine but had to crank the volume wayyy up.

I just played it on my Laptop and phone. Sounds fine to me at a normal volume.