• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Custom 300 Whisper AR15 SBR Build

raptor3

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
Georgia, USA
So a few months back I got tired of waiting on a 300 Whisper AR15 to become available and the few I saw just did not impress me much. Hearing good things from a friend of mine I decided to ask Joe Collier of Collier Rifles if he would be interested in doing a custom build. So my friend/dealer contacted him for me and Joe was more than happy to help! Within a couple of weeks I had an awesome 300 Whisper that exceeded my expectations!

It has custom stainless Shillen Select Match barrel with 1 in 8" twist...Lewis Machine and Tool Lower (stamped CGI)...Magpul stock...and of course a quick detach AAC suppressor!

My dealer and some local PD allowed me to go with them to test it out and it is one sweet shooting rifle! Very, very accurate! The gun balances very nicely! I could not be happier with the build or the service. Shot it with 208 grain hornady and 240 grain sierras so far. The penetration on this round is amazing for a subsonic load, very cool round. Now I just have to wait on all my paperwork so I can take her home. I have a pic as soon as I can get it uploaded I will
grin.gif

Re: Custom 300 Whisper AR15 SBR Build

I assume that is the gas tube curved under the barrel and back up? I personally haven't seen that before. Is that to get a rifle or carbine length gas system out of what is typically a pistol length gas system?

Pretty sweet setup!

would love to know whats going on with the gas tube? and how does she sound with the 762sd on it?great looking gun.

I swear it's shit like this that makes me want to pack up and move to the US! WOW is my only response...

DO you have any contact info for the gunsmith that built that piece of art
wink.gif
What a great looking gun!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I swear it's shit like this that makes me want to pack up and move to the US! WOW is my only response... </div></div>

I'm with you on this one rath!
smile.gif

This SBR was built by the same gunsmith that built my 260 Ackley Improved and for my friend. He also does some custom AR-15's using Shilen Stainless Select Match's that he takes from a full 1" profile and turns them down per the request of the client. I can personally say that it sounds wicked with the 762-SD attached. The loudest thing when you are shooting is the sound of the action and buffer assembly. And on top of that the 240gr MatchKings will punch through 1/4" steel at 50yards. It's truely wicked!

Also the pigtail lets up gas it up enough to get the subsonics to cycle with a 10.5" barrel, while not letting the full power whisper rounds beat the gun up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grifter95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also the pigtail lets up gas it up enough to get the subsonics to cycle with a 10.5" barrel, while not letting the full power whisper rounds beat the gun up. </div></div>

Thanks for catching that for me Grifter95, this is the first chance I have had to get on today.

Thanks for all the complements gentlemen! It is definately a sweet shooter and the caliber seems to be the perfect setup for a suppressed AR(at least in my humble opinion). It is extremely quiet yet still packs plenty of punch. It also uses standard AR15 .223 which is really nice since there are plenty of mags floating around and they are fairly reasonable compared to 308 and other caliber mags. Everyone needs one of these
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I swear it's shit like this that makes me want to pack up and move to the US! WOW is my only response... </div></div>

I'm with you on this one rath!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Come on over guys...everyone should have something like this!

Raptor3 - nice rifle... go ahead and fill out the rest of your profile please.