• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom 338 lapua rifle

truckers

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
I was originally planning on asking Tac Ops to build me a custom 338 rifle, however my plans have changed. I ordered their Tango-51 in December of 2008, and have yet to receive it. Therefor I am looking in another direction for a 338. Are there any other rifle makers out there that can guarantee 1/4 moa? All price ranges are welcome, I don't mind paying for top notch quality

Re: Custom 338 lapua rifle

Man, that is a LONG time to wait for a build. You can get a 1/4moa gun from a number of the reputable dealers here, and though it won't be guaranteed, you can certainly up your chances by listening to builders' recommendations regarding specs and parts.

I got a 308 from APA a year ago. With handloaded 175SMKs and 155 scenars, it will shoot bug holes, but frankly, I'm the biggest variable in the equation. I can't hold 1/4moa consistently (yet!) even if my rifle can with its sweetheart load.

Call up one of the builders and see what they're willing to do for you and what kind of cost it would take. Chasing that ever smaller group is a task for benchresters though, not tactical shooters. I will say there's a 338LM built on a TRG on the APA website with a test group to make you drool.

thanks for the link, looks like a good rifle, I've also looked into venom tactical rifles and nighthawk customs, does anyone have any exprience with those? venom guarantees 1/4 moa, 1/2 moa is acceptable as long as it can hold out to 1000 yds. i've seen a tac ops 308 first hand and have to say it looks like a fine rolex watch, and I want that craftsmanship,and accuracy, without the 2+ years wait.

That apa sako trg looks like one hell of a rifle, thanks for the info

1/2moa to 1000m is all about the shooter,LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">link for your viewing pleasure....

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-rifle-ready-to-ship.html </div></div>

after owning 2 GAP rifles. if i were in the market for a 338Lapua and i saw that they had TWO of them in stock. I would jump on it in a heartbeat, especially afterwaiting 3 years from someone else.

just my .02

.25 accuracy from a .33 cal projectile, hell yeah

338001.jpg

Those boys over at GAP do it right....that "flier" was my fault.....grin!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: truckers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was originally planning on asking Tac Ops to build me a custom 338 rifle, however my plans have changed. I ordered their Tango-51 in December of 2008, and have yet to receive it. Therefor I am looking in another direction for a 338. Are there any other rifle makers out there that can guarantee 1/4 moa? All price ranges are welcome, I don't mind paying for top notch quality </div></div>

are you a 1/4 MOA driver..??..??

I have never had a rifle capable of 1/4 moa, I can currently hold sub 3/4 moa out to 400 yds with my fnar. I did not have a place to shoot further distances than that until very recently, and have yet to try anything further because I just don't have the requisite tool/rifle to do it...yet. I am supposedly receiving my tac ops .308 on feb 26th, and will give my first go at a rifle capable of extreme accuracy. I am also an avid gun collector, although rather new in the realm of custom rifles, therefor I look at these rifles not only as tools, but as investments as well. A good rifle will hold its value forever, especially in these uncertain times

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you a 1/4 MOA driver..??..?? </div></div>

Arent we all,
grin.gif
on the internet!??