• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Custom Bolt & Bolt Knob

jcsguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2011
McAllen, Texas
After building custom motorcycles for over 18 years, I've accumilated some great machinery. Luckily, I can make stuff like this for myself, instead of buying right out of a catalog, or having the exact same thing as the guy shooting next to me.

Re: Custom Bolt & Bolt Knob

Looks Awesome! Do the lightening holes reduce wind resistance resulting in faster follow up shots too?

:)

Your holes are misaligned....
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your holes are misaligned....
grin.gif
</div></div>

haha I saw that too but I wasnt going to be the dick to point it out...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your holes are misaligned....
grin.gif
</div></div>

haha I saw that too but I wasnt going to be the dick to point it out...
smile.gif
</div></div>

I used to do custom fabrication and know all to well how tedious it is to get hand drilled holes spaced perfectly. Especially when they're different sizes, and on a odd shaped piece.

Holes are great....set back ok...and imho could not have been better planned.

Do some more great things, thats what is nice about have some "cool" tools.

thats awesome!! can you please post pics when you finish the knob.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigbearhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks good, I am going to make my own bolt knob also
</div></div>

The end of the bolt looks like the end of a barrel with a thread protector on it, was that the look you were going for / match the rifle it is on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 117D-RTO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The end of the bolt looks like the end of a barrel with a thread protector on it, was that the look you were going for / match the rifle it is on?</div></div>

yes, i wanted the thread protector and the bolt knob to match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 67rschev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome work !</div></div>

Feels good when the SH comunity can apreciate my work.

First thing Ive seen in awhile that caught my eye. I like that its unique. All of the other "custom" bolt knobs really look alot alike and all the same. Nice work.