• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom Bolt Knob Options

TXBRASS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2009
Shiner, TEXAS
I know there are probaly more out there, but I thought it would be good to compile a photo log of the available custom bolt knobs for those that are searching for that PERFECT knob. Please add other photos of different knobs that you know of.

CopyofBOLTKNOBS.jpg

CopyofKNOBS2.jpg

CopyofKNOBS3.jpg

Re: Custom Bolt Knob Options

Nice post. I ran the APA knob for a bit, but found it to be very uncomfortable and not as easy to control as the badger knob. My next one will be an AZ precision.

I have fallen in love with the APA knob....Have one on my GAP built 700 and just ordered another from Jered at APA for my new build.....

Top left picture. I have one on a .223 bolt gun and love it... I think AZ still calls it the phenox knob. For me the ribs add a little traction for sweety hands.

My three fav's are the badger ordnance, the TacOps, and the PTG with knurling. i really like the elongated tear drop shapes as they seem to fit my hand better and work better for me when reaching for and manipulating the bolt. just feel more natural to me.

Paulus

Added 9 more...that should give everyone a good point of reference....

EXCELLENT POST, SIR!! Thanks for putting this together in one place.

Damn TXBRASS.

May I use that if ever needed?

Just for the heck of it, here are some old pics of bolts done in the past.

Here's a Long action and Short action Remington 700 Cerakoted black up to the lugs. The long action has the Phoenix knob, and the short action has the Varminter
IMG_11711.jpg

IMG_11731.jpg

Here's another bolt completely Cerakoted, with a Phoenix knob
IMG_11741-1.jpg

IMG_11751-1.jpg

And yet another Phoenix knob installed, polished to match the Stainless 5R bolt
IMG_11771.jpg

IMG_11781.jpg
it....

AZ,

Sure....and send me pics of any more designs you have and I'll add them to the original post so they are all in one spot.

more savage pics! lol, nice stuff. like i need more options to choose from, i had it all figured out til i saw these. hey are you knurling again?

Keith's work is great, he is great to do business with and will have some work from me in the future.

Varminter knob with black Cerakote on bolt.

IMG_0785.jpg

AZ wins for variety!
laugh.gif

What about Short Action Customs? He has some knob install pics here also somewhere... Some Howas and Savages there...

Keith, do you still make custom knobs? I have a custom one from Keith. Still looking for some o-rings for the grooves and also to alumihide it.

pics007.jpg

pics005.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Keith, do you still make custom knobs?
</div></div>

I will make variations of my knobs, but nothing too different. I've only gotten about 8 requests for way different kobs in the past year. And about 5 requests for knurling on them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRUN762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any contact info for DA CUSTOM?? I realy like that style bolt knob! </div></div>

Makes two of us. Where do I get one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXBRASS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know there are probaly more out there, but I thought it would be good to compile a photo log of the available custom bolt knobs for those that are searching for that PERFECT knob. Please add other photos of different knobs that you know of.

CopyofBOLTKNOBS.jpg

CopyofKNOBS2.jpg

CopyofKNOBS3.jpg
</div></div>
Great post, <span style="font-style: italic">TXBRASS</span>. I'm curious - do you know who did the install on the Tac Ops Bolt Knob Conversion in the photo you used in your bolt knob montage? I ask because the install looks wonky and the handle-to-boss blend is quite visible. Not an accurate representation of the knob itself.

Below are three photos of a correctly-installed and finished TO Bolt Knob. Please feel free to use any or all of them in place of the photo you used in your montage.

TacOpsBoltHandle8x6P.jpg

TacOpsBoltKnobCloseup6x8.jpg

TacOpsBoltKnobFlushFit8x6.jpg

Keith

there are so many other knobs out there , anyone with a lathe can turn out a knob. here is a knob & brake on a 30-06 that i did and a side charger conversion for a LR308 and a Bushmaster M17 conversion .
TS2

Savagebolthandlet7.jpg

047.jpg

004.jpg

BushmasterBullpup039.jpg

Here are some knobs I have made! The second one I made for fun but it actually works great!
408-2002.jpg

408bolt8ball001.jpg

Our office server crashed this weekend, so I'm stuck on my laptop which is slow as molasses.....Once the computers get back up, I'll add all the knobs that ya'll have posted along with the ones that were PM'd to me....Thanks

Hmmm. Still no update of your bolt knob montage? As I said before, great post, <span style="font-weight: bold">but the photo you used in your montage is not an accurate representation of the knob itself.</span> <span style="font-style: italic">Whoever did that install is a hack, and f'ed the install up bigtime.</span>

As I posted before, below are three photos of a correctly-installed and finished TO Bolt Knob Conversion, which IS NOT a DIY project. Please feel free to use any or all of them in place of the photo you used in your montage.

TacOpsBoltHandle8x6P.jpg

TacOpsBoltKnobCloseup6x8.jpg

TacOpsBoltKnobFlushFit8x6.jpg

Keith

I had one made that was ribbed The smith that made it said it looked like a maxwell house coffee can

Who's knob was on the rifle in Lowlight's Razor test? Did it also torque or was I hearing things?

Was just curios. Haven't been able to find anything by using the search.

any one know where to get that DB customs knob?
(third pic down from the top left) searched around but found nothing.

Thanks
-Rex

DA not BD

and we all heard that baby click in his video. but it wasnt a torque knob. just a knob. it looks like HateCA makes one. i knoe he does brakes and bottom metal and that nifty latch for badger DBM

Here is the one I have on mine. I'll have to ask my Smith who made it. He told me, but I can't remember for the life of me. LOL

Bolt-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DA not BD

and we all heard that baby click in his video. but it wasnt a torque knob. just a knob. it looks like HateCA makes one. i knoe he does brakes and bottom metal and that nifty latch for badger DBM </div></div>

yeah DA customs sorry guys. I actuley just became a member here so i have yet to see the video. (link anyone?) I wasn't actually interested in a torque knob (i don't think) Im not even sure what that is LOL I just happen to like the style and knurling on the DA custom knob that is pictured although the knob T-wall posted looks pretty fancy as well.

Get any info on that yet T-Wall??

Thanks
-Rex