• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Custom Bowen OM Blackhawk in 44 Special

jgraham1

Gun Nut
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2004
Dayton, Wyoming
A number of years ago I picked up a well-used OM 3-screw Ruger Blackhawk in 357, here in Virginia. While holding on to it, I read up on the 44 Special and the Perfect Packing Pistol by gunwriter John Taffin and got the bug for one. I sent the Ruger to Hamilton Bowen to have him work his magic. He did so much work that it cost me $4000+ for the just the metal work. That included upgrading or replacing every part to handle the 44 Special. He also did some fancy work on it to make it unique. The grips were an extra $700+ and made of dark English Walnut. The work was done by Rowan Custom Grips, recommended by Bowen as Rowan was a student of Roy Fishpaw and Fishpaw was no longer making grips. Just by looking at the handgun you can see that a vast amount of work was performed and the list of work would fill a page. It was a complete custom re-build of an OM and still in the OM configuration, which means it is a five shot with a sixth empty under the hammer. There is not a ding or mark on it. The cylinder has never been turned, the gun never fired, the hammer never cocked and the loading gate never opened.

I have the original work order, emails and written request for the handgun work, but lost the work order from Rowan for the custom grips in a recent move. I have lost interest in the Perfect Packing Pistol over the past two years and it has been sitting in a safe since I had it built in 2017. It needs to go to someone who will use and admire it more than I have.

Available in the Springfield, VA area for a F-T-F at $4500. If I have to ship, it will be $4600 to cover shipping and insurance. I must ship to an FFL and they must accept from a private person. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Yes, it is a lot of money, but it is a lot of gun and a one-of-a-kind build by the best of the best gunsmiths and grip makers. Contact me with any questions.

Jerry

R 1.jpg
R 2.jpg

That’s a great one of a kind piece. I in know way want to low ball you or appear to be trying to insult you in any way. Regarding price. This is just an offer and it comes from a guy I know that has more money than me . His offer is 2500.

That’s a great one of a kind piece. I in know way want to low ball you or appear to be trying to insult you in any way. Regarding price. This is just an offer and it comes from a guy I know that has more money than me . His offer is 2500.

I agree no offense intended. Hope you get full asking price and have a great weekend!

A number of years ago I picked up a well-used OM 3-screw Ruger Blackhawk in 357, here in Virginia. While holding on to it, I read up on the 44 Special and the Perfect Packing Pistol by gunwriter John Taffin and got the bug for one. I sent the Ruger to Hamilton Bowen to have him work his magic. He did so much work that it cost me $4000+ for the just the metal work. That included upgrading or replacing every part to handle the 44 Special. He also did some fancy work on it to make it unique. The grips were an extra $700+ and made of dark English Walnut. The work was done by Rowan Custom Grips, recommended by Bowen as Rowan was a student of Roy Fishpaw and Fishpaw was no longer making grips. Just by looking at the handgun you can see that a vast amount of work was performed and the list of work would fill a page. It was a complete custom re-build of an OM and still in the OM configuration, which means it is a five shot with a sixth empty under the hammer. There is not a ding or mark on it. The cylinder has never been turned, the gun never fired, the hammer never cocked and the loading gate never opened.

I have the original work order, emails and written request for the handgun work, but lost the work order from Rowan for the custom grips in a recent move. I have lost interest in the Perfect Packing Pistol over the past two years and it has been sitting in a safe since I had it built in 2017. It needs to go to someone who will use and admire it more than I have.

Available in the Springfield, VA area for a F-T-F at $4500. If I have to ship, it will be $4600 to cover shipping and insurance. I must ship to an FFL and they must accept from a private person. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Yes, it is a lot of money, but it is a lot of gun and a one-of-a-kind build by the best of the best gunsmiths and grip makers. Contact me with any questions.

Jerry

View attachment 7355558View attachment 7355559

Beautiful, Hamilton Bowen is local and I have a couple pistols that have been through his shop. You might want to look at an auction house like Rock Island Arsenal, Good Luck!