• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom chassis build

jay851

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2010
england, u.k.
hi
Have recently took up long range shooting and have put down a deposit on a tikka t3 varmint stainless in 6.5 x 55 swede. I am an engineer by trade and have decided to have a go at building a custom chassis system, which will be based on the Cheytac M200 Intervention.It will take AI long action mags and will be built from t6082 t6 aluminium and stainless steel. I dont have the Tikka at hand yet, so am limited as to what i can do, but have made a start.

Atb
Jay

Finally, someone is ready to take advantage of the long action tikka.
I have bean really surprised the short action caliber has had such great support the last couple years and the long action calibers have got no love in chassis support from the main outfitters. Especially considering they are all actually long actions. Looks great so far, looking forward to see were it goes.

I'll be interested to see what you do with the mag release. There isn't a lot of space between the front of the trigger and the rear of the mag for a lever using the L/A AI mags. I'm experimenting this week with a long action AI style one and that's one of the hassles.

Very nice work to this point!

Last edited:
thanks guys. no plans for any drawing as its a one off and im not working from any.
managed to get the adjustable cheek piece done, still need to make some decent lock up bolts.

I thought that was for a 700! It's a Tikka baby! Love it!,,, I hope more people come out with tikka options. They blow remington away...

I thought that was for a 700! It's a Tikka baby! Love it!,,, I hope more people come out with tikka options. They blow remington away...

What he said +1.
Looking sharp and moving right along. Have you accepted the fact your going into production yet? Or still think your going to get away with just making the one? :)

Looking sharp and moving right along. Have you accepted the fact your going into production yet? Or still think your going to get away with just making the one? :)[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly!

cheers guys.
been side tracked lately restoring the lathe i got but have now got some more done to the upper receiver.

small update. forend done and foregrip, although still need to make a bracket for the grip. started on the bipod and still need to do the monopod, but getting there.

First off, I gotta say I am damn impressed at your skills brother! I like the "tube gun" concept without the need to bed the action in the chassis. The collapsible stock design, very cool. It would be nice to incorporate some push button adjustments/latch system for the collapsing rails, similar to a TRG folder adjustable buttpad. The TRG has notches similar to notched legs of a Harris bipod legs, and and a simple spring loaded push button to release and lock into place.

Love it.

Kirk Roberts

thanks kirk.
yes it will have notches in one of the rails and a spring loaded button to lock into the notches, very much like the cheytac m200.

atb
jay

Great work! I cant wait to see the finished product! I have a feeling your going to draw quite a bit of attention because its a Tikka long action.

Very nice!!!!

If you used a carbon fiber tube you could lighten it up a bit

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome work so far, you're very talented!! I wish I possessed the skills and equipment to be able to do stuff like this. Cant wait to see the finished product.

This thing is pretty impressive, I like your style, can't wait to see it finished!