• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom Cowboy boots. Where to go? Will travel

Several years ago my sons and I had custom boots made from Florida gators that we killed. Blackjack boots out of el Paso made them but we went through Cavenders Boot City to get them fitted. All 3 pairs were perfect and still going strong.

unless you have some weird ass feet, quality boots like lucchese's fit great off the rack.

lucky me to have a retail store of theirs 20 min away.

have a couple pairs and there would be zero point in going "full custom"

Some people truly have the need for custom shit. some just like to feel special.

I have had both big toes broke and have flat feet with a high instep, believe me boots well made to my feet are worth the dollars paid.

Reactions: kindabitey
I have 3 pairs of Lucchese. They fit me great. I really have no desire to go anywhere else.

If you are destroying a pair after 7 years, IMO, you should have had them refurb'd at like the 4-5 year point. I just had a 5 year old pair of Crocodile Lucchese resoled and refurbed for 130 bucks locally here in Dallas. I expect them to last 20-30 years and I wear them a lot(this pair had been around the world multiple times and was rough). BUT If you let them go to far they(the rebuilders) cant do anything for you. My buddy got a pair of his boots re-soled, they were beat to death, the shop wouldnt warranty the work and told him to buy new boots, he declined, they charged him 100 bucks and slapped soles on em, within 2 weeks one of the boots had a tear near the top of toe cap(not the fault of the shop) and the sole was peeling... he was pissed at the shop that put the soles on... I told him "sorry, I was there, they warned you, you still spent 100 bucks, I have no sympathy"...

I would love to get a pair of custom Dan Post boots. They are up in Bowie, TX north of Dallas. I think they START at 5k though...

I have a narrow heel and I just like to feel special.... cuz I can

Don’t overlook Tecovas. They aren’t a full custom, but I have a pair of their ropers, and they are very comfortable. Haven’t had them long enough to say how long they will last, but for now I’m happy to pull them on, and my wife likes the way they look. They have just opened some retail stores in TX, so maybe there is a store near you.

Yeah or just go to Nuevo Leon to get "fitted" for the tecovas?

Don’t overlook Tecovas. They aren’t a full custom, but I have a pair of their ropers, and they are very comfortable. Haven’t had them long enough to say how long they will last, but for now I’m happy to pull them on, and my wife likes the way they look. They have just opened some retail stores in TX, so maybe there is a store near you.

They have two retail stores and don't sell to any other retailer. last I saw. key to success is an online (mostly) only business for them

These are sweet.....

1572438357700.png

I was wondering when someone was going to put that pic up.

I dont really think Mexico has progressed much from its Aztec roots. Given a return to state of nature they would be cutting hearts from each others chests........