• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Custom Engraved Wood Grips for S&W 686 Plus?

NorthernBorn

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
Michigan
Us kids and the Mom are putting together a gift for my Father (will be his first handgun ever fired or owned by him in his life) and we chose the S&W 686 Plus.

Now I could use some help locating someone who can make some nice wood grips with his initials engraved in them and possibly a nice wood box to go with it with matching scroll work, etc.

Not looking to get the actual steel engraved.

Anyone know of anyone that can do something like this?

Re: Custom Engraved Wood Grips for S&W 686 Plus?

Can't speak to the box, but Nill makes some of the nicest grips around: http://www.nill-grips.com/Revolver-Grips_105.html

Were it me, I might try to find a serviceable N-frame presentation box and have someone make the appropriate changes for you.

Not as nice as the Nill mentioned above, but Hogue makes some fairly nice grips out of exotic hardwood as well. http://www.getgrip.com/main/overview/fancy.html

I have a set of the Hogue's on a factory Nickel 36 and have been very happy.

Edited to add: Good choice on the 686+ by the way.

I could do a box even the gripps if you wanted. But what kind of time frame are you looking at.. I have a decent collectin of exotic hard woods like Claro walnut, bubinga, quilted sapele, blackwood burl, and on and on and on.. I have some wood that is extremely rare like pink ivory and emboya burl AKA narra burl two of the rarest woods on the planet. It would take a few weeks to do the box just the finish alone if done properly can take a week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could do a box even the gripps if you wanted. But what kind of time frame are you looking at.. I have a decent collectin of exotic hard woods like Claro walnut, bubinga, quilted sapele, blackwood burl, and on and on and on.. I have some wood that is extremely rare like pink ivory and emboya burl AKA narra burl two of the rarest woods on the planet. It would take a few weeks to do the box just the finish alone if done properly can take a week. </div></div>

PM sent