• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom everyday carry knives...Would You?

Be carrying higher end blades since early 2000. Starting with striders. Now moved to winkler sd2 set up for front pocket carry. I use and abuse them. For me that $300-450 range gives the quality/durability that works.

These are the 3 that I rotate thru for EDC. Not really custom but more mid-tech.
Shirogorov F95
Grimsmo Norseman
Koenig Arius

IMG_8451.jpg

Reactions: Jabberjaw
To quote a wise man... "if it sticks, leave it"
How much can you afford to "leave"?

Shred

I am not adequately trained with a knife to count it as a defense tool (short of pointy end into the bad guy) it's a tool to cut shit, it's a currency if I need to barter it (most people know the benchmade logo is worth somthing). Microtechs are handy and fun to play with. I rotate through a couple benchmades, a zt, micro tech, and an old buck strider colab I have had for ever.

So I guess no, I wouldn't carry a custom but I'm also a poor and can't afford a custom. So there IS that.....

Reactions: Balor
I don't own any custom knives at this time, but I probably would carry it. I do own a bunch of Benchmade folders that I rotate. My favorite to EDC is the mini crooked river, and they aint giving those away. My everyday work knife is a Buck 112 slim. I like the buck for work because if I do lose it. it's only $25 gone, plus I beat on it and will not cut food with it. I pry on stuff, cut open boxes, scrape sealants, all kinds of aviation related maintenance. It's not a bad blade for the price and American made.

Mike

First off, I work in an office, I don’t consider my pocket knife to be a Weapon, it is a tool, it cuts stuff, that’s it. I have been daily carrying a custom ( normally a liner lock from Alan Davis, Eliot Moldanado or Kevin Foster). They are generally around a 3”blade, away from work I let the blade grow to 3.5”, but still a custom ( Mayo, Foster, Herman) or high end production ( Shirogoro).
If one gets lost, I will mourn its loss, but I buy them to use them. Everyone has different comfort levels with their knives and treat them differently.
B6626B78-5724-4631-89A1-25A30D161D81.jpeg
D3B4F1B6-3225-4B48-B55B-5BA603187377.jpeg

Reactions: bobke and steve123
Some nice knives in this thread.
I have carried a Sebenza for many years.

1000006838.jpg

My Lozier that I use at my office desk for letter opening.

20190106_214547.jpg

A couple of Terzuola's.

20190106_114840.jpg

And a few Chris Reeves.

Some nice knives on this thread, I'm going to have to look up a few of the bladesmiths that are mentioned.

Bill

Reactions: steve123