• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Custom Fighter Prototype knife *PICS*

ceylonc

Eberlestock Dealer
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2006
Memphis, TN
P1140607Medium_zps771d29a2.jpg

I received this knife from Kim Breed earlier in the week. Been evaluating it for a couple of days & want to get your thoughts. It is a prototype, but has been making the rounds at some knife shows & actually won an award at one in Ohio a few months ago.

I'm waiting on specs & what custom options will be offered from Mr. Breed, but pricing should be in line with the other "utility" knife I've been evaluating as well (under $300.00). Check out the pics & let me know what you think? Do you want to see this on deltaoutdoorsman.com???

Thanks for looking!
Ceylon
P1140606Medium_zpse7dfc22e.jpg

P1140599Medium_zps8b245e06.jpg

P1140600Medium_zpsc334a3fd.jpg

P1140622Medium_zps6d121279.jpg

P1140605Medium_zps9b8df42f.jpg

P1140611Medium_zps2083e03c.jpg

P1140598Medium_zpsec3b7a37.jpg

Re: Custom Fighter Prototype knife *PICS*

I like it alot also. Super sleek. Great size. Blade backbone not too thick. Looks like a winner. Great price point.

Thanks for the opinions. Still waiting on final specs from Mr. Breed but hope to have this thread updated with them soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silverbullet-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ceylon,

What steel is he using? Thanks </div></div>
Thanks for the question. For the prototype blades, he is using 5160 steel. I believe you can spec the steel for the build & he'll give you a quote. Details are still uncertain but I'm pretty sure this will be an option...

Cey, are these going to be forged or ground blades?

How's the balance? Looks like there is no distal taper to it so it has to be heavy in the rear I would think from the pictures?

Nice looking knife regardless.

Forged or ground (I'm guessing ground from about 3/16" flat stock)?

Handsome work, nicely executed, great price...

I do not know what had happened where makers are confusing the purposefulness of these designs. This is a drop point and as such is mismatched to the intended role.

I have reworked the grinds here to explain the important differences between the two.

KNIFE-X_zps4fe82b50.jpg

So you want the point at centerline or above? That does make sense now that you illustrate it like that.

Quick update...

I shipped the prototype Fighter back to Kim Breed yesterday. He will be showing it at the Little Rock Custom Knife show next weekend, if you want to personally evaluate both that knife & the others he has sent to me.

Final specs & details are being worked out now as far as bringing a "base" version of this blade to market. The customer will be able to customize different aspects of the knife, such as scales, sheath, finish, etc. Once I get that info from Mr. Breed, I'll update this thread & put together a 'Hide member deal for those of you interested in picking one up. While I don't have a final price yet, the standard model WILL be priced <span style="font-weight: bold">UNDER</span> $250.00 for the promo.

Special thanks goes out to everybody who has chimed in with comments, opinions, etc. I'm doing my best to take them to heart so Mr. Breed can put together a blade that YOU guys want for your gear.

Thanks for looking & feel free to post if you have questions, etc.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

knife_1_zps6fa4ffc2.png

Here is a pic of a "tweeked" Fighter. Mr. Breed & I took some of the recommendations here & adjusted the angle of the tip to be closer to the center line of the knife. He also made some other minor adjustments to the overall cosmetics & balance. I'm pretty psyched to see how it comes out. The pic was taken after it was heat treated & then frozen overnight.

Below is a pic after he attached the Coyote Brown G10 grips. He put a Black liner between the steel & G10, which should bring out a nice look. The knife should get finished up by the middle of this week & he'll be sending it to me at that time.

knife_2_zps669db688.jpg

In case you're wondering, this build above is going to be MINE! However, if this finishes like I think it will, we'll have it on deltaoutdoorsman.com by this time next week for your own custom build!

Thanks for looking,
Ceylon

Quick update...

Just got the pic below from Mr. Breed. Looks like the FIRST Breed Fighter is complete! I should have it by the end of the week. Right now, it is with the guy who is doing the Kydex sheath.

deltaoutdoorsman.com will be the exclusive reseller of this blade. We'll be offering two versions of this knife, along with two of the Utility knife he's building as well.

What do you think?

knife_3_zpsd66a755d.jpg

Thanks for the interest & opinions. I'm really excited about getting this knife in my hands in a few days.

Here are the specs from the maker, Kim Breed. Like I mentioned there are two models for the Breed Fighter, the Model 12 and Model 14. The one with the slight Persian curve of the blade is the Model 12, the version that I'll have later this week (straight blade) is the Model 14. Specs:

<span style="font-style: italic">
--MADE IN USA;
--Overall Length: 9.5 inches;
--Blade Length: 4.75 inches;
--Steel: 5160 High Carbon (sourced from Aldo @ New Jersey Steel Baron);
--Hardness: Diferentially Heat Treated;
--Sheath: Kydex with TEC-LOC and 550 cord tie down;
--Customization Options: 1) Flat or Hollow Grind; 2) Handles: G10 Desert Tan, Slate, or Hunter Green. Micarta: Black or Green Canvas;</span>

Production turnaround varies from 2-3 weeks. Per Mr. Breed, he is willing to consider other customization options, all you need to do is ask & he will provide a quote!

Oh yeah, almost forgot about pricing. The 'Hide member price for either the Model 12 or 14 and the customization options listed above comes to <span style="color: #000099">$228.00 SHIPPED</span> within the USA (international orders are possible but I need to quote the shipping amount). Like I mentioned above, you can get a quote for more customization options, just ask.

Thanks for looking & please get in touch if you're interested or have questions. Also, welcome ANY opinions (good, bad, ugly) you may have a well.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

I think that is a nice looking blade!

I want one!