• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Custom Husqvarna HVA 98 Mauser in 30-06

jgraham1

Gun Nut
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2004
Dayton, Wyoming
SPF

Buyer never paid and then backed out on the sale so this rifle is for sale again.

Custom built Husqvarna HVA model 1600/1640 series lightweight rifle in 30-06 with the aluminum floorplate and 20.5-inch pencil barrel. I sent the barreled action to NOVA Firearms who Cerakote the metal in a black matte finish and installed a Huber trigger set at 2.5 lbs. The front sight insert is a sourdough with a brass insert and the hood was opened up to allow light in. The front sight ramp is a slightly different color for some reason, but is close to the same color as the barrel. A Superior Shooting Speedlock Firing Pin Kit by Tubbs was installed. The wood stock was glass bedded, the barrel free floated and a 1-inch black Pachmayr Decelerator pad installed. The wood stock was slimed down, checkered and Schnabel tip was carved in it. The stock was then sealed and painted in a camo pattern.

I mounted Weaver Grand Slam steel 2-piece mounts, Quick Detachable rings, and a Swarovski Nova 3-9X36 scope. The scope has Butler Creek scope caps and a Scopecoat cover. I have the original Swarovski box and original bikini see-through covers, but no paperwork.

Also included is a paracord camo sling and Allen butt cuff that hold 9 rounds. The rifle, with scope, sling and butt cuff weighs in at just 7.5 lbs. A nice lightweight rifle you can carry all day. Shot best with 165 grain loads, under an inch. Buyer gets everything listed for a super low price for a custom rifle. Don’t ask me about exact ammo and groups as it has sat in the safe to years unused and I just do not recall. It has slight handling marks but overall, it is in excellent shape for such an old rifle.

Must ship to an FFL and they must accept from a private person. Shipped is $1050 and local pickup in Springfield, Virginia is $1000. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Contact me with any questions.

Jerry

Last edited: