• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom LMT MWS barrel

armydog

Staff Sargeant Ret.
Minuteman
  • Nov 26, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Need some advice on a barrel for my LMT MWS, I want a 6.5 barrel for it, who makes them, what's your recommendation? Not sure if I wanna go 6.5x47 Lapua, or 6.5 creedmore.

https://www.lmtstore.com/parts/barrels/308-barrels/lm260b220s.html
    https://www.lmtstore.com/parts/barrels/308-barrels/lm650b220s.html

If I understand correctly anything not made by LMT is going to be rarer than hens teeth because LMT has patents/trademarks or some kind of intellectual property exclusivity to the hardware fitted to the barrel. The few stories I have heard about anyone getting a gunsmith to spin one up always involve having a sacrificial LMT MWS barrel to send with the order to use for parts.

GAP can spin one up for you but they will need to canabilize your barrel extension. I had them make me a 22" bartlein 6.5 CM and I loved it.

Reactions: deersniper
    GAP can spin one up for you but they will need to canabilize your barrel extension. I had them make me a 22" bartlein 6.5 CM and I loved it.

I don't believe GAP does it anymore.

Contact Jeff at Riverbend, he used to be at gap building the gas guns and now has his own shop. He is a master Jedi for gas guns.

He will need your old barrel.

http://www.riversbendguncompany.com

Reactions: Bakwa
    Gap will do it, but will need the old bbl to rob the extension. I also recommend against anything that uses a small rifle primer in a gas gun. The firing pins are just too large and will crater badly or pierce a lot. I have even seen a gun go full auto from a piece of primer holding the firing pin foward, luckily it pierced a couple more primers and locked the gun up before it got away from the shooter.

Not difficult to do and no need to cannibalize anything.

Mill down the indexing pin, machine a press fit sleeve and then mill the cross bolt groove. I have done upwards of 20 of them.

Making a fixture to mill the cross slot does help greatly but not needed for doing just one.

Only thing you wont have that the oem has is the gas tube support so you just need to be a bit more careful when installing.

I need a conversion of an 18" or 20" 7.62x51 NATO barrel (Ballistic Advantage, Criterion, Fulton Armory, etc.) for fitment with an MRP-H MLOK 15.5 LM308BML4A monolithic upper. D. Wilson does not convert for the MWS. Does anyone else know of another shop that can do it? Does Nefarious (Marvin Pitts) convert for the MWS upper?

What make and model of barrel did you source for conversion? Did Nefarious/Pitts require anything from you other than the barrel to perform the conversion?
    The last one I sent, which was years ago, he needed nothing else. I did send a factory mws barrel for dimpling as well so he may have used that one for reference.