• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Custom mapping software

RedDogN8

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2019
MN
Anyone have any recommendations on software to map your private hunting area? I.e. all of the trails and stand placements?

I'd like to be able to create a large poster sized map of anywhere from 160 to 320 acres.

I use esri in the professional world but that’s pricey so I’d just use google earth.

Get a sat picture printed as big as you want then cover it with plexiglas on the wall or table. Dry erase markers get used on the plexiglas. All your shit is going to get changed anyway, might as well male it easy.

Reactions: spife7980
You can create custom topo maps from multiple resources on the web. Go to a print shop and have them blown up and then start mapping. It’s a great way to get out and explore your property.

if you find. A trail, record the track on a GPs then you can overlay it on the topo map. The possibilities are endless with some work

Onx is good for marking stuff on your phone and can be viewed on a desktop also. All you need is access to a survey plotter and you can make all the big ones you want.

Reactions: Tchitcherine