• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Custom press

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
A friend of mine has built this press.... as soon as I've all the thecnical specifications I'll let you know..
First impression solid.... I've done 5 dummy round.. same OAL, .0005 -.001'' on concentricity.

pressa001.jpg

pressa002.jpg

pressa003.jpg

Re: Custom press

Ok guys... some exercise for you, these are the specifations..... ARE IN ITALIAN LANGUAGE.... try to translate if you have problems, later I'll do for you.... price about 500 US$....

cheers

E’ costruita in acciaio ed ergal (parti anodizzate in nero), nel basamento alloggia il porta shell holder il quale può essere bloccato o lasciato libero di muoversi in appoggio sul piano rettificato di riscontro, per recuperare eventuali disassamenti tra dies e bossolo.

Le leve montano su cuscinetti a sfera a doppia pista, questa è la versione 3.0, nelle due versioni precedenti sono state sperimentate anche delle tradizionali bronzine (più vicine alla costruzione classica delle presse) ma con scarsi risultati sulla costanza di precisione a causa delle normali usure.

Il corpo mobile è guidato da due candele da 30 millimetri di diametro asimmetriche, può quindi essere allestita sia per facilitare l’uso da Destrimani o da Mancini invertendo la posizione delle candele.

Nel corpo ci sono 4 bronzine e 4 raschiatori, all’interno tra una bronzina e l’atra per ogni candela c’è una camera con il grasso, in questo modo l’azione combinata di bronzine, raschiatori e grasso garantisce un funzionamento corretto, pulizia e precisione negli accoppiamenti.

Questa versione fù allestita per garantire un ottimo funzionamento con munizioni come il .338 LM e la filettatura per i dies da 7/8 14G’, nnon nascondo che ho in fase di studio una versione ulteriore, diciamo qualcosa di ancora più esagerato vista la proliferazione di calibri sempre più generosi, e per ultima una volta soddisfatte tutte le mie necessità di precisione e costanza, probabilmente ne verrà fatta una versione ultraeconomica (la quale però non potrà pretendere di essere paragonata a questa in esame la 3.0).

here is the translation

Built in steel and ergal (parts anodized in black), the base houses the door shell holder which can be locked or left free to move in support of the ground floor for a match, to claw back any misalignments between dies and cartridges.

The levers fitted on ball bearings with double track, this is version 3.0, in the two previous versions were also tested traditional bearings (closest to the classical construction of the presses) but had little effect on the constancy of accuracy due to normal wear .

The movable body is guided by two candles by 30 millimeters in diameter asymmetric, may be arranged to facilitate use by both right-handed or by Mancini, the positions of the candles.

In the body there are 4 bearings and 4 wipers, inside of a bushing el'atra for each candle is a room with the fat, so that the combined action of bearings, scrapers and grease ensure proper operation, cleaning and precision in pairs.

This version was arranged to ensure excellent performance with ammunition like the .338 LM and dies by the thread on 7 / 8 14G ', nis not deny that I have in a version being studied further, say something even more exaggerated given the proliferation sizes of more generous, and last, once they fulfill all my needs for accuracy and consistency, probably there will be a version ultraeconomica (which, however, can not claim to be compared with this consideration in the 3.0).

with this press is not possible lo load .50

a fiend of mine in the next future will be able to delivery a new one for .50