• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom rifles more accurate than Factory?

Around 2005 I bought a Remington 700 VS .308 for I think 389$. Took it to the range with FGMM 168gr. And it shot consistently under 1/2 moa one hole groups. No amount of money could've made it shoot better,IMO. It was probably this picture because I am smiling that this fella that helped me looked at me and said " its a fucken 1/4 moa gun!" LolView attachment 7338857

you might have the 1 in a million..good for you
nothing better than a cheaper rifle that shoots knots

as for no amount of money...
go to the tac ops thread and see those targets
all the rifles are 1 hole groups well under 1/4 minute

you might have the 1 in a million..good for you
nothing better than a cheaper rifle that shoots knots

as for no amount of money...
go to the tac ops thread and see those targets
all the rifles are 1 hole groups well under 1/4 minute

Doesn't matter, I still spent $$ and had it trued and built. Did it shoot any better, questionable but it looked cool...lol

you can have a camero thats just as fast in a straight mine as a Ferrari, which would you prefer? Thats the best way I can explain my opinion

With custom you get what you want. Accuracy depends on consistency.

As far as custom rifles beating factory rifles. I think the overall building is better with better quality parts. As far as sub moa factory rifles, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Look at Mosin Nagants, might be a poor example but, the best grouping rifles out of the factory were made "sniper rifles" but there was no special treatment before they were tested.