• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

custom savage

Re: custom savage

lmao. 6 days, no replies. lol. I'll have pics of mine in the new Manners T4 before too long. Too busy working on customers stuff to work on my own. Gotta cerakote the metal, finish out and paint the stock and put it all together.

Branden

260-xlr-finished.jpg

MKII FV-SR in Boyds Tacticool (pillar bedded), EGW 20MOA rail, XTR low rings, Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 (about to be swapped for a Mueller APT), bipod, SS Sparrow

Tacticoolbedding9.jpg

Tacticoolbedding8.jpg

Mine is quite a bit like the last one from Jerz_Subbie.

Savage TR II
Falcon Menace 4-14
Burris rings
Triad Stock pack to get my cheek weld right.
I forgot what bipod that is. It's not a Harris.

This rifle has me shooting a lot more and improving my skills, so it is serving it's purpose nicely.

Please excuse the cell phone pic.

SavageTRII.jpg

I also have an in-betweener in .223 AI that is a Savage in an A3 stock.

It has a factory barrel re-chambered for 223 AI. Nothing special except I did this one myself and it shoots lights out.

Savage223AI-1.jpg

And continuing on the theme it's bigger brother. R and D Precision 6.5 CM/McM A3 (not a Savage) -

LucyandBuckonlanding003.jpg

Seeing how this is the rimfire section, here is my FV-SR:

IMG_9939.jpg

Unfinished Tacticool from MidwayUSA with krylon and DIP metal
Weaver 3-10x40 mil/mil
Signature Zee medium rings with 20MOA inserts
Muzzle decoration will hopefully clear form 4 in the next few weeks

Likes CCI SV, Federal Automatch and Winchester Dynapoint GT. From a 50yd zero, 1.4mil up @ 100yd and 5.3mil up @ 200yd. BANG, watch bullet fly through the scope, here a very faint "ting" and see what looks like a mark from the tip of a Sharpie on the white steel plate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbooks10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No way thats a 22. What caliber? </div></div>
scratching my head

How about twins?

Both are pre-E, one 93 in 22wmr (on left) on Mk II in 22lr (on right). One of them is non-factory (came as a FV) the other one is out of the box BTV. Guess which is which?

sm-twins.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbooks10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No way thats a 22. What caliber? </div></div>
scratching my head </div></div>
Sorry i meant to quote mattj on that amazing looking rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbooks10</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbooks10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No way thats a 22. What caliber? </div></div>
Sorry i meant to quote mattj on that amazing looking rifle.</div></div>

Sorry, just noticed your post.

It started its life as 10FP .308 in a McMillan stock -- it has gone through lots of 'changes' along the way. Is now a .260 Rem in the XLR chassis. About the only thing left of the original rifle is the action body itself and a bit of the bolt assembly. The can is a Thunderbeast 30BA. It is literally as loud as a .22 with the can (though the sound is a little 'deeper', hard to explain).

The latest work (rebarrel, paint job, etc) was done by HSSS out of Yakima, WA. Shoots great
smile.gif

Anyway, thanks for the compliment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mckenney810</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that gun is sweet. how much it run you?</div></div>
Uh, honestly, I have no idea how much money I've sunk into at this point -- traded for the gun in the first place, and has slowly evolved before this latest overhaul.

If you were building the same rifle from scratch the rifle itself (including the gunsmithing and everything) would be roughly $2.5k, and another 4k-ish for everything attached.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbooks10</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbooks10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No way thats a 22. What caliber? </div></div>
Sorry i meant to quote mattj on that amazing looking rifle.</div></div>

Sorry, just noticed your post.

It started its life as 10FP .308 in a McMillan stock -- it has gone through lots of 'changes' along the way. Is now a .260 Rem in the XLR chassis. About the only thing left of the original rifle is the action body itself and a bit of the bolt assembly. The can is a Thunderbeast 30BA. It is literally as loud as a .22 with the can (though the sound is a little 'deeper', hard to explain).

The latest work (rebarrel, paint job, etc) was done by HSSS out of Yakima, WA. Shoots great
smile.gif

Anyway, thanks for the compliment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mckenney810</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that gun is sweet. how much it run you?</div></div>
Uh, honestly, I have no idea how much money I've sunk into at this point -- traded for the gun in the first place, and has slowly evolved before this latest overhaul.

If you were building the same rifle from scratch the rifle itself (including the gunsmithing and everything) would be roughly $2.5k, and another 4k-ish for everything attached. </div></div>
Thats pretty amazing man. Here i am with my little marlin haha

Savage MKII TR
Muller APT
EGW Rail
TPS Low Rings
Tac Ops Cheek pad
Harris Bipod with KMW POD-LOC

SavageMKIITR.jpg