• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Custom Shops/ Payment Policy?

Raven 6

Minuteman
Oct 29, 2006
Blue Ridge
This question is directed toward you guys with the custom shops building rifles. Just wondering what your policies might be for payment after customer is notified their rifle is finished? Do you give a set amount of time to make payment, pick up rifle etc?

Thanks.
Mark

When we notify our customers that their rifle is complete and proof fired, they usually are chomping at the bit to get it that they send the payment right away. Never had one yet to not send payment in a timely manner.

Everyone has a schedule, and like X already said, the customer is always the one in a big hurry to make that final payment. Why do you ask??

Just covering my bases. Never had the problem so far but you never know what tomorrow may bring. So far it's like both of you have stated, the customer is chomping at the bit to get their rifle. I'm just doing a little forward thinking, trying to decide what I would do to protect my investment of time and at times parts.