• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Custom Turret Systems.com

mdmp5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2009
    For literally years, I have been bitching about the turrets on my Hensoldt 6-24x56. I have written about it before if any of you remember, and anyone who has the scope knows exactly what I am talking about. The scope is top notch, I mean, probably the best glass I have looked thru other than an ACOG. However, the turrets are UNUSABLE. The clicks are .05 mils, 4 mils per revolution, and there is only about 16 mils of elevation. However, the worst part is that the markings are completely nonsensical. It marks every ½ mil as a whole number. So .5 = 1, 1 = 2, and so forth, meaning it displays 8 per revolution, even though we know there are only 4 mils per. On top of that, there are no numbers for the next revolution. So if you dial above the number 8 (4 mils), you really don't know where you are unless you are good will hunting and see the horizontal white line beneath the turret and can do math really fast under pressure. Forget about it being SFP; I can live with that. But this is surely not a good scope to use for a match.

So now that I have confused everyone, let me show you a little something I discovered the other night. Customturretsystems.com makes custom labels for pretty much any straight walled turret. I am sure some of you guys may have heard of or used them before, but this is the first time I had seen the site. They didn't have any pre made labels for the Hensoldt, so I plugged in the measurements and designed a simple label myself. They did have them for Zeiss, but I wasn't 100% if the turrets are the same exact size, so I just did it myself. Wish I saw them years ago, if they even existed, because I had been making due with a piece of masking tape over the turret to use the scope. Anyway, here is a pic of my scope with the new label (note the windage knob and you can see the confusion):

IMG_2912-1.JPG

It feels like a whole new scope and I can't wait to try it out.