• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cutting Edge 338, 375 & 50 BMG Projectiles

Kiwi Greg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
New Zealand
I just got some good news for guys like me that shoot these projectiles.

Cutting Edge have had a price adjustment & strange for these days it is down :)

They have been able to substantially reduce the prices of all their copper .338, .375, and .510 (50 BMG) projectiles.

This was possible because they are moving enough volume in those calibres now they are able to order custom drawn material that is way closer to these diameters.

This means less waste & less machining & they decided the best thing for them to do is pass the savings on to their customers :)

So shooting the big calibres at LR & ELR just got a bit more affordable :cool:

That's good to hear! I'm keen to try the 278gr MTAC in my new 34" .338LM-Imp barrel.

Nah, I'm away on Pre-Hobbit 3 holiday time during that match. Need to decompress before Hell Season begins.

Was looking forward to Tekapo this year and was quite disappointed that it wasn't being held. Hopefully there will be one next year.
Have you had any experience with the 6.5mm cutting edge projectiles?

I tried some 130s in my 28 Terminator but my 1-9 twist wasn't sufficient, even with a muzzle velocity of 3400+ fps.

I thought that may happen so have some 120s inbound to try :)

Me too - the Tekapo shoot was excellent last time around!

I haven't shot any of the CE solids at this point but they seem to be performing well. I'd shot solids in the early 90s out of .50BMG and found them impressive, but didn't go that route again until about 2007 with the LRBT/Cheytac/Jamison solids for .375 and .408. Those shot really well in Lawton/Cheytac barrels and the 270gr .338 version was stellar, but were underwhelming in pretty much every other rifle. They're also made of a copper/nickel alloy that fouls bores like I've never seen before. I had a lot of hope for Lehigh .338 and .408 bullets as they reminded me of the Israeli brass solids I'd shot many years back, but I could never get them to group all that well, which I suspect had more to do with my barrel twist rates.

The price going down on anything these days is not something that happens often so good on you cutting edge for passing the savings on to the customer. For me this is great news as I shoot CE 375 Cal 425gr.

Copper reached a low last month that we have not seen in the spot market since 2010. Chinese consumption has driven the price artificially high due to monetization of the metal. Now that their economy is once again stalling, copper will fall much further. It reached a high of almost $5/lb. from a price five years ago of just under $2/lb. . The current changes will make copper solids just that much more competitive with jacketed lead.

The down side is that western economies are going to feel the Chinese depression... especially Austrailia.

Was looking forward to Tekapo this year and was quite disappointed that it wasn't being held. Hopefully there will be one next year.

I have a decent amount of experience with the 130 MTH out of my 6.5 WSM. stupid accurate & kills chit quick. Anything specific you are wanting to know?

t