• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CVRPC 22 TSC Championship ** Results and Pics Up**

apache308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2009
NC
<span style="font-weight: bold">ANNOUNCEMENT: CVRPC .22 RIMFIRE TACTICAL STEEL CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - AUGUST 13TH</span>

Door prizes! $250 to win! Payout through 5th place!

Food and refreshments! Family environment!

Junior and Lady shooters welcome!

Trophy for Match Champion, 1st-3rd Junior shooters, and High Lady

Sign up begins at 9:30am, Match review at 9:45, and shooting starts at 10:00 am.

Conover, NC. Catawba Valley Rifle and Pistol Club. Directions to the range can be found at www.cvrp.org/dir.htm. The range is conveniently located a short distance off I-40 in Conover, NC (near Hickory, NC). Plenty of graveled parking is available as are indoor restrooms.

ENTRY FEE AND PAYOUT:

Entry fee of $25.

Payout will be as follows:

1st Place $250 minimum (increases if over 35 entries)
2nd Place 19% of entry fees
3rd Place 11% of entry fees
4th Place 7% of entry fees
5th Place 5% of entry fees

Junior shooters (15 and under) will compete for trophies with awards presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.
We will also have a random draw, two-man team event for those who wish to participate for $5.00 (100% payback).

A “bonus” type side match shooting steel targets at various ranges up to 240 yard may be offered at the Match Director’s discretion.

COURSE:
All shooting will be from a paved, covered firing line with multiple positions available. Course will consist of 4 stages at distances as follows:

• Stage 1: 57 yards. 5 precision shots on decreasing size plate "machine" (1.250" to .750") prone; 5 (possible) targets Standing position; 2 available "bonus" precision shots. All prone shots are with bipod. No rear rest or bag.

• Stage 2: 112 yards. 10 shots fired from a barricade/cover position. Use of bipod permitted. No rear rest or bag.

• Stage 3: 163 yards. 10 shots fired from a defilade or “hide” type position. Seated position with bipod. No rear rest or bag.

• Stage 4: 210 yards. 10 shots prone with bipod. No rear rest or bag.

• Targets are IPSC “style” AR235 steel in sizes ranging from 3.5” to 8.5” in height.

• All targets (including sighter targets) are reactive steel with no paper targets being offered.

• A sighter target will be available at each Stage.

• The course of fire will consist of various size IPSC style targets and will also include “hostage” style scenarios, partially blocked or hidden targets, diminishing size precision reactive targets, and other possible scenarios at the Match Directors discretion.

• Targets will be engaged from the Standing, Barricade/cover, and Prone positions.

• Course of fire will consist of 48 rounds.
You will encounter 12 targets total at each stage; At Stage 2, Stage 3, and Stage 4, six free-standing targets worth 1 pt each, 4 aggressor/hostage style targets worth 2 pts each - but with a -1 pt hostage kill penalty, and 2 very challenging "option" targets worth 3 pts each - but also with a -1pt hostage kill penalty. 12 available targets with varying difficulty, and with varying risk vs. reward. 10 shots, 12 targets, you decide.

NOTE: Course and targets may vary slightly at match director's discretion.

EQUIPMENT:
•Match is open to all .22 rimfire rifles including bolt action, semi auto, single shot, lever, and pump actions. No weight limit.

•.22 Short, Long, and Long Rifle only. No 22 WMR, 17M2, or 17HMR rifles allowed.

•To observe the bylaws of CVRPC, no surpressed or Class III weapons are allowed.

•The same gun MUST be fired throughout the course unless verified mechanical or optical failure.

•As targets will be challenging in size and placed at distances exceeding 200 yards, quality optics are recommended.

•Bipods are allowed.

•No mechanical front rests – bipod only.

•No rear bag, monopod, or rear rest of any kind.

•Shooting mats, elbow pads, etc are allowed.

•No NRA High Power type shooting coats are allowed - don't ask.

MATCH COMMANDS:

•At the command. “Shooters to the Line” competitors will have a 30 second prep period to get into position, adjust scope settings, etc. The firearm must remain unloaded during the prep period.

•At the end of the prep period the competitor will receive a “Load” command at which time he/she will have 30 seconds to load his weapon.

•At this “Load” command, shooters with magazine fed rifles will load a magazine with 2 (two) rounds only.

•At the end of the 30 second “Load” period, the shooter will receive the “Fire” command and have 30 seconds to fire on 2 sighter targets only.

•The sighter targets MUST be engaged first.

•At the end of 30 seconds, a “Cease Fire” command will be given. Bolts/actions are to be open at this time.

•After the two rounds are fired on the sighter target and the “Cease Fire” command given, a magazine change is required. The competitor may then load a magazine loaded with 5 or 10 rounds. The time period for the magazine change is 15 seconds.

•At the end of the 15 second magazine change period the “Fire” command will be give at which time the competitor will fire 10 rounds for score during a 4 minute period.

•The competitor may choose to engage any target on the stage in any order. Competitor review of the scoring below and various strategies dependant on the presented targets at each stage are advised.

•At the end of the 4 minute period a “Cease Fire” command will be given at which time the competitor must display a clear and open action, insert an “open chamber indicator” or flag, and acknowledge clear by a show of hands.

•Shooters must hold their position while target setters are downrange with no handling of the firearm permitted. Upon the return of target setters shooters may advance to their next position.

SCORING:
•Targets MUST fall to be scored as a HIT.

•Turned targets still standing will be counted as a miss or “0”.

•Each missed target will be scored as “0” point.

•Each “single man” or "free-standing" man hit will be scored as 1 point.

•Hostage target hit (knocked over) will be scored as minus 1 (-1) point.

•Hostage target aggressor “kills” will be scored as 2 points.

•“Option” target aggressor kills will be scored as 3 points.

•“Option” target hostage kills are scored as minus1 (-1) point.

•NOTE: If the Aggressor target AND the Hostage target falls it is scored as minus 1 (-1).

•All competitors must have their scorecard verified and initialed before advancing to the next position. Blank or mismarked targets will be scored as “0”. Line Officers will be available for assistance in scoring or match procedures.

•Competitors will turn in their scorecard to the Match Director or Line Officer at the completion of Relay #4.

•All scorecards must be completed with the competitor’s name and contact information prior to turning it in for scoring.

•In the event of a “tie” for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place, a “Tiebreaker Stage” will be added and will be at the Match Directors discretion. Expect targets from 57 to 210 yards.

SAFETY:
• CVRPC requires the use of open chamber indicators/flags at all times except after the load command has been given.

• ALL bolts and actions must remain open at all times except when “on stage”.

• Failure to display open actions and Open Chamber Indicator will result in 1 warning, followed by disqualification.

• Eye and hearing protection must be worn by competitors, spotters, and bystanders.

• No horseplay or unsafe gun handling will be tolerated.

Please contact apache308 or armorpl8chicken on this site or [email protected] for further information or preregistration. Pre registration is recommended but not required.

Re: August 22 TSC Championship - $250+ 1st Place

22TSCChampionship81311.jpg

One more thing to add regarding the August match.....

We at CVRPC want all competitors to be at the top of their game on match day and strive to keep the match as fair as possible to everyone. To that effect, a Practice Day will be offered on Friday, August 12th from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

This practice session is open to all competitors who plan to compete in the TSC Championship match the following day. This will give all competitors and non-CVRPC members a chance to come out and see the range and get their dope for the course. Sign up for the match is required for participation in the practice day. At 5:00 PM the range will close for match day set up and preparation.

See you then!

SR

Not many hits on this thread yet, I am surprised. Who is planning to attend? Speak up all. This is going to be a really good match with lots of goodies.

I'm in! Count me in! Oh fun. If I'm on my best behavior and use my inside voice can I come fellas? Please?

No seriously This is the most fun match ever. Everyone needs to come out. See you there!

Schedule permitting I plan on being in attendence. Unsure about being able to make the practice day, but thanks for having it.
smile.gif

Looking forward To it. Plan on getting a little "practice" in this weekend
So maybe I can be ready by august.

I'm in for Aug. I'll sign up at the match next weekend.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt"> CONOVER R&P Club, TSC steel match LOST/FOUND</span></span></span>

After paying a premium for a 10 round CZ 452 mag and waiting 3 MONTHS for it to arrive, I'm happy to have it, but managed to lose the factory original 5 rounder at the last TSC match I attended.

If anyone found a cz452 22lr 5-Rounder, It's mine.

Thanks,
Dumb-butt

Tres if you don't find your 5 rounder. You can use Jaybird's. No worries. Glad your coming back. See ya Saturday.

Wanted to bump this to the top as it has all the info for the championship match. Currently 35 shooters signed up so let us know if you want to shoot. Please take note of our sponsors. We will update the list as there are a few more than you see on the match flyer. Thanks to all who have signed up early as this helps us plan.

Hey guys feel free to use this thread to discuss possibility for sharing rooms in the area and carpooling. I know Tres is still looking a place to camp locally. Many of us who run the match do not live local so we are not much help and I appologize. We do not allow camping at the range for liability reasons and the fact that it is a private club. We are not allowed to loan our keys to anyone for any reason. There is a Holiday Inn Express just about 3 miles from the range that should be an excellent place to stay and very convenient within walking distance of eateries and a super Wal-Mart. It is on 10th street NW in Conover.

Sending PM.

I've got a few coming with me...

Copy coleridge. You and your compadres are on the list and looking forward to meeting you guys next Saturday.

40 shooters registered to date. We can accomodate about 10 more.

SR

Saturdays looking good. Weather channel says 84deg, 5 mph SWS wind with 78% humidity and only a 30% chance of rain. For those of you like me that shoot regularly @ 2500+ ft elevation you should know the CVPRC course is @ 890 ft. Not allot of difference until you get out to the 165 and 210 mark, then you can see it. See you all on Saturday.

shameless bump sine the match is this weekend
smile.gif

Re: CVRPC 22 TSC Championship 8-13-11 $250 1st Place

OK, i'm putting it out there....

If anybody wants to hitch a ride to the match, let me know.

I'm traveling I-81 south to I-77 south to the match.

I don't want to stray too far off my line of travel.

I won't be talkin trash this month. There were too many high scores last month for me to feel safe talkin smack. I have done some work to my rifle, and I think I will shoot my highest score yet but there is many a slip twixt a cup and a lip. There are rumors of ammo testing and equipment tweaking going on in a 300 mile radius of Conover preparing for this match so like Tin Cup I will opt this month to "be humble".
whistle.gif

looking forward to the shoot this weekend. I guess we will come down friday and shoot a little with you guys. what will you have, reactor targets set up on friday? thanks chad c

Hey Chad. Good to hear you guys are coming to practice. I don't know what a reactor target is but we will have the course set up just like match day. Our intent is not to let everyone shoot through an entire course, but to let everyone get their dope confirmed and maybe have a chance to get some extra rounds on targets they may have had trouble with.

sounds good, thanks for the info. see you guys later.

Congratulations to CVRPC for another well organized match. Awesome shoot yesterday! Thank you to all the guys and sponsors that made this event successful. You fellas know how to keep it interesting. Barry

Yestarday was our first trip out to the match. It was alot of fun & we did some learning. Will be more competative next time (hopefully). Lot of nice guys & a neat format. We left a little earlier, but congradulations to the winners (whoever the were). There was some great shooting.

Thanks also to the sponsors. It was very nice that everyone walked away with something.

It was good to see you again coleridge (we first met @ the RRR Egg Shoot). I was glad to spot for you as well.

Maybe we can hook up and shoot that DMR Match.

I don't feel as though I totally earned the 3rd place due to default but Brian still got the 4th place prize money.

Yes a super thanks to you for spotting for me! You had me there in each relay & Im sure you helped my score. Just wish I had been closer when starting each stage. Congrates on the 3rd place. Ill defianatly be @ woody's (centerfires are more my spead) see ya there.

Thanks & congrates to Brian too, he let me (& my son) borrow a clip for the whole day.

Who ended up winning the shoot. I believe there were 2 59's. I hate we missed the shoot-off? Guess results will be posted later. Sure the guys relaxing after a long day yestarday. Thanks to y'all for putting on a great match.

Same song of mine different day:

Was great to see everyone again and be amongst the greatest group of shooters that assemble on this continent.

I received extra blessing on this trip and can not express adequately my gratitude for this. Thanks a million!

It was great to see all the Roe's again. It was great to see Team CZ-USA " #11! " Joe again as it was all my TSC buddies- Was great to hang with you guys.

Thanks for a great match and even better camaraderie.

Greg Johnson won the shoot off and his daughter took home some 5th place money. I am sure that Patty (?) didn't have to cook dinner last night.

My brother Darrin, who I invited down to the match, has been infected by the rimfire bug. He is contemplating the purchase of a CZ so he can come and shoot with us. Heck, him and Joe can carpool together since they are almost neighbors.

We had a great time , my scores improved aomewhat. I still think I can do better. great job on the gun racks, made things much cleaner looking. congrats to the winners. And we will see you all next month.

CVRPC .22 TSC Championship Match Recap, August 13, 2011

The 2011 CVRPC .22 Tactical Steel Challenge Championship match is in the books and was a huge success! With an elevated level of competition, very respectable cash payouts, great looking trophies, over $1000 in door prizes, and dog and burgers hot off the grill; it was indeed a great day. We had a bit a variance in the conditions today with overcast and humid in the morning, to sunny mid day, to an afternoon shower (for a slight delay) and calm and cooler conditions after the rain.

First we want to thank the sponsors who made the door prizes possible. Even in this tough economy we had 18 companies donating merchandise and or gift certificates with some exceeding $200 in value and many of $50 value or more. I want to encourage all participants to thank these businesses and support them with your patronage. We had 41 competitors and 45 door prizes so everyone walked away with something. Special thanks go out to the local Boy Scout troop who provided food and refreshments. It was really nice to have hot fresh food during a long day at the range.

A special thanks also goes out to the core group of folks who make this match happen each month. Line officers are also a key element in the success of .22 TSC to keep things running smoothly, questions answered, scorecards verified, and most of all keeping the line and range safe for all in attendance – thank to all those who put on the vest today. Preparation and tear down of this match format takes a considerable amount of work and it could not be done without you. Notable mentions this month include the addition of rifle racks, directional signs to the range on the local roads, and a range that was absolutely beautiful and well groomed.

In keeping with recent trends, the scores and closeness of competition continues to increase and tighten. We had 7 of the 41 competitors in the 50’s and the top 23 firing a score of 40 or better! Shooters are obviously improving their equipment, technique, and thinking about their strategy before and during the course of the match. The vast majority of competitors improved their scores from previous events and some put up their highest scores ever. With the handsome cash payout and “Champion” trophy and hat on the line, the pressure to perform was felt by many with some rising to the occasion, and some letting the pressure take its toll on their focus and their performance.

Starting with the Junior shooters, Dylan Roe posted the top score and took home the 1st place plaque. Great shooting “D”! Brittany Johnson was the very last shooter of the day and posted an impressive score of 52 which gave her Top Lady honors and 5th place overall. Brian Johnson and his MPR are getting along great now and Brian fired a great score of 54 and “cleaned” the 210 yard Stage 4 which earned him the 4th place spot. Brian had to leave early for a family function and missed the shootoffs and as such defaulted 3rd place. In any case, a 54 is a great score - great shooting Brian! Dennis Adams drove down from VA and fired a 54 as well with his Manners stocked, Lilja barreled, tuned and blooped Sako Quad for 3rd place money. Greg Johnson and Steve Roe fired a pair of 59’s (course record to date) which set up a shoot off for 1st and 2nd. Stage 3 targets were moved to the Stage 4 line to settle the issue. Mr. Johnson settled it impressively with 17 points to 7 for the Champion trophy. Congratulations Greg and great shooting!

Again, thanks to all who came out to shoot today, the sponsors, and those who made this great match a reality. We will be shooting again in September and October and that will close out our 2011 season.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

August 13th Match Results:

1.G. Johnson Anschutz 59+17 1st
2.S. Roe Anschutz 59+7 2nd
3.D. Adams Sako 54 3rd
4.B. Johnson Anschutz 54 4th
5.Brty. Johnson Anschutz 52 5th High Lady
6.C. Choate Cooper 50*
7.J. Roe Anschutz 50
8.T. Williams CZ 49*
9.S. Sipe Rem 37 49
10.S. Caudill Anschutz 48
11.T. McCloskey CZ 47*
12.C. England CZ 47
13.K. Church Rem 40X 45*
14.TresMon CZ 45
15.J. Lassiter CZ 44*
16.R. Brown Martini 44
17.J. Yale CZ 43
18.T. McRary Anschutz 42*
19.G. Houser Sav 10 42
20.J. Sigmon Ruger 41*
21.B. Newman CZ 41
22.G. Myrick Savage 40*
23.N. Sipe Martini 40
24.P. Johnson Anschutz 37
25.D. Roe Anschutz 36* 1st Jr.
26.T. Fell Ruger 36
27.Jms. Sigmon CZ 35 2nd Jr.
28.B. Morton Savage 33 3rd Jr.
29.J. Abbott Rem 597 32
30.J. Roe CZ 31*
31.B. Rogers Anschutz 31
32.S. Poplin Ruger 28*
33.N. Goelzer Anschutz 28
34.D. Leonard CZ 27*
35.D. Gordon Savage 27
36.D. Lail CZ 25
37.D. Frisbee Savage 23
38.J. Murgo Savage 20
39.C. Abbott Ruger 18
40.T. St.GermainSavage 17
41.J. Dunn Rem 541T 13

(*Ties broken by Stage 4 score)

Team Event: R. Brown & G. Johnson 103

A few pics from yesterday's match:

Range prepped and ready!

22TSCAugust132011Pics008.jpg

Door Prizes:

22TSCAugust132011Pics004.jpg

Ruger shooter on Stage 2:

22TSCAugust132011Pics006.jpg

A few more......

Busy Firing Line:

22TSCAugust132011Pics010.jpg

Ironman on Stage 2:

22TSCAugust132011Pics011.jpg

CZ shooters with hats donated by CZ USA:

22TSCAugust132011Pics014.jpg

Martini on Stage 4:

22TSCAugust132011Pics016.jpg

Yes we are wore out. I hope that Steve is resting today, unfortunately I had to go to work(I couldn't call in sick as the guys I work with KNOW what I was doing yesterday). Steve will be along soon enough with a match report. There is a lot of work that happens after the match and it is quite a bit of doing. Steve carries the brunt of this responsibility and he does an excellent job, a round of applause to him for the great job he is doing!

Thanks to all who helped set up and take down your service is indispensible. Likewise all who helped set targets, there was great participation in targte setting and it is greatly appreciated! We could not handle a match this large without your support.

As was already stated EVERYONE got a door prize, We were very pleased with this and special thanks to Curtis and Steve for all their footwork collecting door prizes. A very special thanks to our sponsors, you made this a great event! Steve will have an updated list of our sponsors and please be sure give them your patronage!

There were a lot of highlights to the weekend and ample entertainment. Tres provided some great entertainment on Friday afternoon with a stick and a piece of dry cedar. Talk turned to his skills and he whipped us up a fire in what couldn't have been more than 5 minutes. I tried my hand at fire conjuring and Steve jumped in to help but all we could manage was a few wisps of smoke between us, good thing it was summer! Lots of stories and jokes a plenty to go round.

Saturday was the Show. The local Boy Scouts had some great food for purchase and we had a table full of door prizes and trophies. Greg indeed won the shootoff for first place and had asked yours truly to be his spotter, it was an honor. Steve did not want me to spot for him as my skills are such that it would have been an unfair advantage......I am just kidding but I owed him that barb
laugh.gif
Greg did not need my help as it appeared he was shooting a laser! It is a tough game and shooting a 59 is a fantastic accomplishment, congrats to both you guys.

I was extremely glad to spot for Red Dog and watch him shoot his best score to date. I am glad it came together for him at this match! I think he now has a match to use as a pattern to work from and start giving the top shooters a reason to be scared. I had a bad match but it happens. They say those who can, do and those who can't, teach. I think maybe I should be teaching more and shooting less.

It was good to see the whole gang again and meet coleridge and his entourage. You guys are welcome any time and hope you become regulars at CVRPC. It was great to meet all the new folks and if I forget your names I appologize as we have a lot to keep up with. Thanks to all the club members who make this possible and those who drive great distance to support our match. Hope to see you all next month!!

once again I had a great time. I can't wait to see you guys next month. congrats to the winners

Chad - Thanks to you and Tray for coming down again this month. You guys are putting up some really good scores for only your second match. With a 50 under your belt this early, I feel you will be contending for the win real soon. SR

Hey Dennis - Thanks for the link and tell Darren thanks for the photos. Don't look now ...but someone screwed something on the end of your barrel! ......but it obviously works. Good shootin' yesterday dude. SR

One of my worst fears realized....

It has been brought to my attention there was a mistake in the listing above...which I have corrected.

Blake Morton is the 3rd place Jr. winner with a score of 33. This is 100% my mistake as I overlooked Blake's status as a Jr. shooter. coleridge - I apologize profusely to you and Blake. You guys left and I completely overlooked his Junior status at a long day's end and it is my fault.

Please PM me your mailing address and I will ship the 3rd place plaque to you. I am so sorry. I have corrected the listing. Thanks for coming down to shoot and I hope you guys will come back. Come back in September and I will pay Blake's entry fee out of my pocket.

Thanks, SR

No problem Steve & there was no need for the public apology. Putting on such a shoot takes great investment (time, effort, & crazyness of the shoot), you guys have enough to worry about. No worries!

Started not to say anything at all but Blake was disappointed in how he shot. He started VERY slow but settled down & ended up with 14pts on the 212 yard stage. I told him last night he would have finished third (JR) & he was happy. He will adore the plaque (he's only 12). THANKS.

Looked back at some of the older shoot scores & WOW there was a bunch of people upped their game. Nice shooting!

This was our first rimfire shoot (I've only had the rifle a little over a month) but we had a great time & we WILL be back (you won't need to pay for Blakes way though but thanks for the gesture). You guys put on a GREAT shoot.

It was nice meeting all you guys. Hate we had to leave early but we had another engagement & wasn't sure how long the rain would last.

Thanks again.

Re: CVRPC 22 TSC Championship ** Results and Pics Up**

I'd like to say thanks to Steve, Joe and all the guys at CVRPC for putting on a fun and challenging match. Many thanks to the sponsors, the prizes were GREAT! Look forward to seeing you guys next month. Here's a few pics I took.

57421219.jpg
57421182.jpg
57421155.jpg
57421039.jpg
57421061.jpg
57421088.jpg
57421123.jpg
57421242.jpg
57421263.jpg
57421197.jpg