• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cyke Pod: Area 419 Arca lock or MPA RAT rail?

flyer

Unicorn hunter
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2018
I like the features of the Cyke Pod but I'm not sure of the best way to mount it.

The Area 419 Arcalock system seems like the perfect barricade setup but it's an add on and I've got an MPA chassis coming (eventually).

I haven't gotten my hands on an MPA RAT rail barricade clamp but I don't think the Cyke Pod will be compatible with the RAT rail locking pin.

The Cyke Pod does offer an ARCA clamp mounting option but it has no locking mechanism.

The other thing I don't like about the Cyke Pod is the front barricade portion, it is small, flat and fixed, the Area 419 stop is rounded for panning and the MPA barricade stops swivel for panning.

In a perfect world, MPA would make their chassis rail Arcalock compatible and Cyke would make the Cyke Pod fit on an Area 419 Arcalock clamp with barricade stop.

Since this isn't a perfect world, what is the best setup?

The best setup is a bag (such as Wiebad Fortune Cookie) and a Ckye-Pod.

Forget all the other gizmos. I guarantee that you will be faster and just as precise with a bag than any hardmount gadget.

Reactions: Jeffd
I agree with kthomas above about all the gizmos and barricade stops. However, 419 will be making their ARCA lock system for the MPA. You could get the standalone 419 barricade stop and roll with it that way.

https://www.facebook.com/area419/photos/pcb.1660251410751740/1660248977418650/?type=3&theater

39698777_1660248984085316_4765364028497199104_o.jpg

I am not sure what benefits there are to the Arcalock rail over the traditional RAT/Arca system on the MPA, but I can tell you that I’ve never had an attachement move on an MPA...

Otherwise, I do like cow gate system that MPA offers for barricades and tubes - it’s quicker to set up and more solid in certain positions - and while it doesn’t replace a bag entirely, it at least gives you options. Ultimately, it will be up to you to decide what works and what doesn’t for you personally, because there is no one size fits all for everyone.

Yes, the Area419 rail looks nice in that picture but bolting a rail on a rail seems redundant since the MPA magazine well already creates the back half of a barricade stop.

As I've said, neither locking system seems compatible with the Cyke Pod and I would much prefer the radiused forward stop.

I'm not trying to add more stuff, just trying to figure out how to make the stuff I want work the way I think it should.

I will get bags eventually but If I'm already carrying around a barricade stop, I would like it to be a good one and locking is a feature I want.

I use the newer MPA RAT barricade stop that has a locking pin on it and I’ve been really pleased with how well it works. I dont plan on moving to an area 419 at this time. Im running the MPA weight system and I dont believe the two are compatible. If the area 419 was steel and could be substituted for the weight kit then I might consider it. I just got my ckye pod and really like it. It hasnt moved on me under recoil but I’m only running my dasher right now. I agree with the guys above in regards to just running bags. I only run my barricade stops if the targets are extremely challenging or if im not changing position much on a stage.