• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CZ 452 American Range Report

stmcelroy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2006
Madras, OR
www.rkbaholsters.com
Picked up a CZ 452 American with 16" threaded barrel a couple of weeks ago and finally got a chance to shoot it today.

Mounted a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 with Millet rings, definitely looking to upgrade to something with more power and parallax adjustment.

IMG_7904.jpg

I ordered a DIP 1/2-28 adapter, but for some reason it does not want to work with my SWR Spectre even though a Tactical Solutions and ER Shaw barrel does, so back it goes. Still have to get an adapter, not sure if I should give DIP another chance or buy something else.

Enough of that now onto the range report.

Headed up this morning to my local range and was pleasantly surprised that I was the only one shooting on the 100yd range for whole time I was there. Setup my target at 25yds to sight in, I bore sighted out the front door yesterday. Took 3-4 rounds to get it right, then shot my first 5 shot group.

Ammo used was CCI HP.

IMG_7905.jpg

Moved the target out to 100 yards to shoot my Tikka M595 w/Zeiss in .243 and figured I would try a group with the CZ.

IMG_7906.jpg

Still need to either dial in the Nikon or buy something with more power, but initial impressions are that this is an awesome little gun.

Re: CZ 452 American Range Report

It looks like you have a shooter there. I am one of the posters that recommended the CZ. Mine shoots bug holes with Lapua Midas +, but for a more affordable choice the CCI standard velocity (blue box) shoots around .5 a 50 yards all day long. The trigger will adjust down to around 3 pounds and there are lighter springs available, but you will want to be careful not to make the trigger too light or the gun may fire when the bolt closes. I hope you like your CZ as well as I like mine. I can't remember where I got my thread adapter, but mine works well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like you have a shooter there. I am one of the posters that recommended the CZ. Mine shoots bug holes with Lapua Midas +, but for a more affordable choice the CCI standard velocity (blue box) shoots around .5 a 50 yards all day long. The trigger will adjust down to around 3 pounds and there are lighter springs available, but you will want to be careful not to make the trigger too light or the gun may fire when the bolt closes. I hope you like your CZ as well as I like mine. I can't remember where I got my thread adapter, but mine works well. </div></div>

Glad I went with the CZ, love this little gun.
grin.gif

They are great little shooters. Nice to see another happy owner and good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Great groups! </div></div>

It's definitely a great start.

I have ordered a CZ 452 with 16 inch threaded barrel and looking for a scope mount 30 mm and what is the thread pitch on the rifle I will pick it up next week when it ships. glad to hear they shoot good. Do you think a 12X Leupold would be a good scope for it? Thanks for the information.

Where are you guys ordering your CZ's from?

try jetguns,budsgun shop,whitakers gun shop

Great trainer, I have the American.

Get the creep out the trigger with the ebay kit, put some tape on the rear of the trigger guard behind the trigger as a trigger stop and get some decent ammo. At 50yds with Eley Target (yellow/orange) I can do .5 all day.. move to 100 and it opens up to about 1.5-2". That extra 50yds is humbling. Then move to 150yds then 200yds. Helps to learn to read conditions very effectively.