• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 bolt is very stiff!! Help!!

JC Steel

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2008
Washington State
Guys I need some help!

My CZ 452 bolt is very stiff! Really hard to push in after ejecting a round. Even hard to pull the bolt back to eject the round.

It's not too hard to lift the bolt handle or close it, just hard to get the bolt forward or back to the rear. It's not the mag, happen wether the mag is on or not.

Might be the little piece on the trigger that sticks up. My best guess! How do I fix this????

I am thinking its the timney trigger because when I pull the trigger to put the bolt in the action, if I keep trigger pulled, it's smooth like it should be.

Just don't want to screw something up, so wanted some expert advice.

Thank you so much

Jake

Re: CZ 452 bolt is very stiff!! Help!!

Its really stiff man, I dont know, I have cycled it probably 700 times and its still very stiff.

Has anyone had the problem with Timney at all?

? loosen a couple screws that hold trigger group in and see if something is binding (? action screw too long, like what happens on rem 700's)

I will check that out pat. thanks, I just ran the bolt 1000 times and its just as hard. Something with the trigger though, because when I slightly pull the trigger in, its silky smooth again???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Might be the little piece on the trigger that sticks up. My best guess! How do I fix this????

I am thinking its the timney trigger because when I pull the trigger to put the bolt in the action, if I keep trigger pulled, it's smooth like it should be. </div></div>

I can't speak to the firsthand nature of the Timney that you have, but it sounds like there a chance that the "bolt stop" could be out of spec (too long)?? Maybe just simple as knocking it down until it doesn't interfere with bolt pull anymore, or maybe it needs to be replaced entirely to ensure proper firing function of the rifle...because if memory serves, don't have the factory trigger in front of me, the stop is a critical part of the weapon firing too...

Again, no firsthand experience with that trigger, just going by the factory unit on my 452V.

Hope it's an easy fix regardless of the problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just cycle it over and over
my 452 was stiff when i first got it but over time it smoothed out nicely </div></div>

I had to do this with mine....my shooting buddy had the same problem with his 452 also....It smoothed out after working it and shooting a lot of rounds.

K

pull the bolt out turn it over and you will see some machine marks in one of the cut outs that looks similar to Christian fish symble, polish that and it will make all the difference.