• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 Delux?

gunnedah

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2009
Alrighti team,
I'm new to this so bear with me...

I'm looking at getting my first rimfire and am keen on purchasing a good .22 - my thoughts so far are the CZ .22 Delux (only issue is the opensights, not a fan).

Can anyone back this rifle up as being decent? or have any other recommendations?

Uses are for targets, rabbits, cats/foxes
ty

Re: CZ 452 Delux?

Look at a CZ 453 Varmint also. No sights,Beautiful Wood. Set Trigger, and shoots extremely well.

I just picked up a 452 w/ 16" barrel and love it. It's light and well balanced.

35kssx4.jpg

I have shot the Lux version of the 452. Damn thing was accurate with the open sights.
However I picked up the 452 varmit version and havent looked back. Tried it with wolf match and shot great groups at 100yds with it.

The wolf match extra shoots extremely well at 50 yds. At 100 yds. it opens up some in my rifle,Not bad though. I'm fixing to shoot some Lapua Center X to see how it shoots. The 453 Varmint is the rifle I have. Some guys at the club have 452 Varmints and also 452 Lux. They all shoot real good. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the CZ's.

CZ makes a fine rimfire. Not saying they don't do as well with centerfires, but I've only shot one once.

The only negative thing I could say about the Lux is that the stock shape is better for open sights than a scope. And that's not really a negative, but you say you're not a fan of the open sights.

Not sure if you meant the sights on the Lux, or open sights in general, but if you're planning on using a scope, you may want to take that into consideration.

A few buddies of mine bought trainers, which I'm pretty sure have the same stock shape as the Lux and mounted scopes on them and like them just fine.

I have a Varmint and love it. I looked and held several different models and I thought the Varmint felt the best, for me anyway.

Re: CZ 452 Delux? Go with Varmit model

Couldn't fit another 40x into my rack yet so bought the 452 Varmit after shooting a friend's, tried a couple sets of rings until I bought the CZ's, which fit far better than any I could find, can put 5 on a dime all day with the less expensive ammo and half size that with Federal Match, awesome .22 and with Eagle's ammo pack on stock w/padded cheek rest and a good 6.5x20 fine reticle scope, it does well to simulate longer distances when shooting very small targets, great practice rifle, trigger adjusted easily to 2lbs, would buy another one no questions at about $350 now,

Re: CZ 452 Delux? Go with Varmit model

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carsonpass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couldn't fit another 40x into my rack ....... </div></div>

Luxury problems, I feel for ya!!

Add another vote for the Varmint. I have a RimfireTechnologies 20moa base and mount a 16XMK4 in Acculok rings to it. I had to get the Anschutz extended base, but it works fine, the ejection port cutout doesn't exactly match, but it works fine. They don't have an extended CZ base yet, and I needed the front ring a little forward of the receiver, YMMV and the CZ model may be fine for you (I run my scope farther forward than most due to a stiff neck anyway). With a stock pack the height is perfect (someone needs to make a good adjustable stock for these that doesn't break the bank!).

I bought a Lux about a year and a half ago now intending to shoot it open sights for birds up here. I put a cheap compact 4x scope on it and
shocked.gif
Damned thing will shoot 5 rounds of wolf target rifle into 1/4" at 50 yards every time.

Whatever CZ you end up getting be sure to buy the Brooks trigger kit right off. Night and day differance. Best $15 (or so) I ever spent on a firearm.

I have a 452 Trainer with a scope on it and it works fine. The stock isn't perfect for a scope but its not bad either. I just picked up a 452 American 16" threaded barrel and it should be even nicer for a scope. I've been exceptionally happy with the way my Trainer shoots. I expect the American to be just as good. If you don't need sights and plan to use a scope the American or Varmint would be the best versions.