• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 453 bolt pronlem

Hokey73

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2019
I have a CZ 453 in .17 cal that will not allow me to remove the bolt. Opening the bolt and pulling the trigger should let it fall out. Doesn't work...the trigger will not move farther towards the butt past "let off" point to allow the sear to drop out of the way. I bought the gun at a Poulun auction and suspect the set trigger has been messed with. There is literally no over travel. Any suggestions as to adjusting things to allow bolt removal?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm also new to this forum, so if I'm not doing this properly, let me know.

Take the action out of the stock and (1) see if the trigger move back enough to allow bolt removal or (2) shows any obviuous “tinkering” that is limiting trigger travel. Post a pictures of the trigger and perhaps someone here can spot the issue.

Thanks for the data, Steve...much appreciated. I am attaching some pictures for your observation. They show the action in stock w/ the trigger tied back as far as it will go...1) trigger w/ bolt closed after "let off", 2) trigger w/ bolt open to remove. There are also pic's with the stock removed showing the trigger assembly...3) in fired position showing gap at over travel screw, and 4) bolt open for removal - same gap distance. As you can see in the first two pictures there is almost zero over travel. My wild ass guess is the screw marked with the arrow needs to be adjusted? Would like to know pros/cons of doing so? Thanks again, Steve. I hope this comes out right - feel clumsy on a forum.

Attachments

• BOLT_PICS_FOR_BLOG-1.jpg
    BOLT_PICS_FOR_BLOG-1.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 41
  • BOLT_PICS_FOR_BLOG-2.jpg
    BOLT_PICS_FOR_BLOG-2.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 42
  • BOLT_PICS_FOR_BLOG-3.jpg
    BOLT_PICS_FOR_BLOG-3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 47
  • BOLT_PICS_FOR_BLOG-4.jpg
    BOLT_PICS_FOR_BLOG-4.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 53
Finally got the damn bolt out! After adjusting the screw mentioned in pics 3&4 of previous post, it came out...reluctantly! You still have to fight it and be careful it doesn't "explode" out or you will damage the comb of the stock. The first time I got it out it let go all of a sudden and landed on the floor. Grrrr! Luckily no damage.

After 55 years in manufacturing, I consider this a very poorly designed system. You have to fight like hell to remove or insert the bolt and risk stock damage every time you do. Would never recommend this model with the set trigger. Just my opinion.