• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 453 Varmit

Re: CZ 453 Varmit

I would stick with the 452 and do a rifle basix trigger you'll be happier.Set triggers suck IMO

or even better do a 452 and then buy the Vdo or whatever it is called trigger kit for 15 dollars off ebay, one of the best triggers I have ever f'd.

If its like the Brooks kit it is an improvement and on some guns it great but some not so much.The Rifle basix while not perfect gives infinate sear engagement adjustment.

I bought a CZ 453 Varmit and I like the way it shoots. The set trigger pushes forward and is set in the ounces. The regular trigger is about 2 1/2 lbs. and breaks very clean. I haven't got to shoot it much and wondered if anyone elses shoot good. Etc..

The Brooks is just a set of tubes that act as spacers to adjust the sear engagement and a set of springs that you can adjust the weight with.The RB is a replacement trigger that has a set screw adjustment for exact sear engeagement and you can adjust weight as well.

The other difference between the Brooks kit and a Rifle Basix is that you can order the Rifle Basix and actually get it. I ordered two trigger kits from Brooks about two and a half months ago and have not received a thing. Nor has he bothered to reply to any inquiries. He sure as hell took my money, though.

Some people report receiving orders immediately, but an awful lot of others seem to end up ripped off like I was. Rimfire Technologies, by contrast, has been a pleasure to deal with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CZ-452-BRNO-No-2-4-and-5-trigger-kit_W0QQitemZ160333092447QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGun_Parts?hash=item255498d65f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

there is the NEW 452 trigger kit that actually ships so that you can receive it....

The CZ is a great rifle for the money. While I'm with the rest of these guys. I'd stick with the 452 varmint and get a trigger kit. You can work it down yourself with springs from Ace and some polishing. I did mine for about 2.00.

I have the cz453 good shooter. love the set trigger. once i bedded it i have never have to tighten the action screws once. never shot a 452 so no comment.

If you were going to shoot this weapon in .22 matches would you rather have a Brooks or Basix trigger. I like a light trigger but don't want to have to do alot to the rifle. It shoots very good now but the lighter the trigger the better you shoot.

Thanks for the info

Is your rifle the 20" varmit with the set trigger and heavy barrel? I like the way it shoots and the trigger is nice but if I'm going to shoot matches I want a light trigger.

VTR,

You should be able to adjust that trigger exactly where you want it. I wouldn't change the trigger one bit. It's better than any aftermarket trigger made for it.

If you don't like the set trigger (I do like it) then you can adjust the regular trigger down to where you like it. CZ triggers are what I consider to be one of the better features on their rifles. That and the fact they adjust down to where you like them.

Sandwarrior,
You are correct about the trigger. I was shooting a guys anschultz(not sure about spelling sorry) at the range the other day and he had an awesome trigger on this rifle. I like real light triggers but could get by with what I have. I like CZ's and this is a very accurate rifle. I use the set trigger all the time but the regular trigger is no joke either.