• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz 455 Chassis

woogie_man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2010
Fargo, ND
Hey guys,

Say my son is wanting to start shooting some NRL22 matches with me, so I started looking into chassis options. I have a Sako Quad Range that is a bit heavy for him, as well as a CZ 455 that he likes quite a bit. That got me to looking for a chassis for the rifle, but I can't find any! I used to have a KRG stock for it, but sold that to fund another project.

Are there any adjustable chassis out there that are made for the 455 anymore?

PDC Custom still will make a chassis for CZ455, Craig Kierstead makes a good product.
1712150357208.png

MDT still offers their LSS Gen2 chassis for the 455. Its everyday price is $430... but you still have to put a buttstock on it, which adds to the price. I had my 455 in an earlier version of the LSS chassis and used a Magpul PRS stock I had (photo).

My only question is, does it make sense to put several hundred more dollars into a 455? Seems a better long-term solution would be to sell the 455 and invest in a 457, put it in same chassis...?
3FABB217-A619-4F2B-830E-20B810B97D2F_1_105_c.jpeg

MDT XRS is available for the 455. Picked one up not long ago. I do like it.

Check with MPA to see if they upgraded their 455 chassis to have the action sit deeper in the V-block. I have an original and find that the trigger sits too high up in the trigger guard to get a straight-back pull. Used to have a trigger shoe that I rigged to drop the point of contact but didn't like the width of the thing.
MDT still has the ACC available for the 455 but you may have to add weight to the front. MDT XRS looks and feels cheap, and will definitely need (tons of) weight up front to get it to balance.