• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 Glades bolt upgrade

Cattlebaron1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2018
IL
Recently purchased Cz 455 tacticool very pleased with purchase got it for 435 free shipping which was the best price I could find, but was looking into upgrading bolt since complaints on bolt hitting scopes. Has anyone done this upgrade if so let me know how you like it

I did it and then my shooting buddy did it and we were both pleased. BUT, I hear that swapping the bolt handle out to the Glades can change your headspace so beware of that.
Also, I saw some grumbling last week about Glades Armory's lack of response to emails and phone calls recently.
It may be best to find someone who can mod your existing handle.
EDIT:
From their website:

Customer Service
Please address all your customer service requests to [email protected]

We currently do not provide any live phone support. However, we will be able to address all your questions or concerns quickly and efficiently through email. We do this because our customer base expands through three continents, several time zones, different languages etc. Under such business conditions, phone support would not be very practical and would incur staffing costs we’d rather spend in other areas of the business. We find email the best way of reaching us: it is available when our customers need it, it leaves a detailed record of what the issue at hand is, and it is there when we get to it. Give it a try, it works!!

Last edited:
I got the Anarchy Outdoors CZ 455 bolt handle after hearing all the negatives about the Glades. Zero issues and I run it with the 1"round knob. Website description mentions it was designed to work with the Area 419 rail and low rings.

Reactions: theaoguy
I have one of the Glades CZ 455 tactical bolt handles and I put it back in the parts bin and went back to the stock bolt handle. Both with the stock trigger and the Timney trigger I have regular issues when running the bolt of the bolt stop failing and the the bolt coming out the back. The problems went away as soon as I went back to the stock bolt handle. Also most of the rimfire forums have threads about Glades non-existent customer service so I cannot recommend them or their product.

Instead I put on a slip on bolt knob from Combat Armory that's just a urethane ball that slips right over the stock knob. It works well and is inexpensive.

Here's my thread about it with photos:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/cz-455-alternative-bolt-knob.6877032/

After reading all the bad reviews on the Glades I did some more research and went with the Anarchy Outdoors swept bolt handle and couldnt be happier. I called and spoke to the guys over at Anarchy and they told me its precision made to exact OEM bolt specs. After installing it with a Spiral fluted knob I couldnt be happier and feel this is a required upgrade. Much smoother bolt manipulation and I no longer have bloody knuckles from grinding them off hitting my optic.

Reactions: theaoguy