• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CZ 455 Lilja group buy! Updated with who is back ordered and who is not!!!!

The following members will be getting there barrel shipped today and will receive ups tracking:

1. mossyoak79
2. Usmcsgt0331
3. Svendogg
4. hdbiker1
5. djdilliodon lol (sorry I thought it was funny)

The following members barrels listed below are back ordered. Projected ship date of end of February :

1. Pinecone
2. Hammertime
3. Pester
4. Iggyort
5. FSRbikr98
6. hillbilly grandpa
7. russ10x

If anyone has any questions please let me know! I thank all of you who jumped on this deal cause if it wasn't for you guys we couldn't of all saved this money! Once your barrel arrives please let me know and show us pics! For those that are waiting on back order don't worry I'll be checking the status with Dan periodically!

Thanks for taking the time out to do this.
Now, what is needed is a step by step direction to installing this barrel, torques, etc. I have been checking this site as well as Rimfire Central, and so far there are 5 schools of thought on how to install it. Some say CZ's directions are clear, some dispute them. So, if we can get step by step with pictures from anyone who is good with this, it would be appreciated.
Thanks

I see

It was just a bit strange to see that.

Thanks for putting this together.

I see

It was just a bit strange to see that.

Thanks for putting this together.

I know but apparently those straight .900" 22 LR barrels are getting extremely popular! No need to thank just me, we really need to thank everyone on that list as if it wasn't for us all we would of never got that price!

For all the quad guys that want a group buy I haven't forgotten you! I just want to get this one squared away and then will try to set one up for the sako quad. In order for it to be a go we need at least 10 barrels spoken for!

Thanks for taking the time out to do this.
Now, what is needed is a step by step direction to installing this barrel, torques, etc. I have been checking this site as well as Rimfire Central, and so far there are 5 schools of thought on how to install it. Some say CZ's directions are clear, some dispute them. So, if we can get step by step with pictures from anyone who is good with this, it would be appreciated.
Thanks

The 44 inch pound figure in the cz manual is a bit excessive but IMO isn't wrong either. Anything from 30-40 inch pounds would be fine and I recommend if you won't be switching barrels to add some purple Loctite to the grub screws. I've been torquing mine at 35 inch pounds. As far as install goes its pretty simple. My rifle is currently drying from being glass bedded. Later today I'll be able to pop it out and can take pics on how to install the barrel if you like.

If someone needs it quickly they can take my spot in line.

I am also interested in another GB as I would look for a 17hmr

If someone needs it quickly they can take my spot in line.

I am also interested in another GB as I would look for a 17hmr

If you want a 17 hmr lilja for the 455 I can make that happen right now at the $367 shipped price. It would also ship immediately as well! I can just add it on and say you forgot and they will let it slide.

Received my barrel Friday after coming back from trying out a FA Criterion barrel on the MATEN. The Lilja install went smooth as expected. The only difference I've found so far was closing the bolt took more downward pressure to lock up. Will probably go shooting Monday to try it out. Thanks for the hook up djdilliodon.

Received my barrel Friday after coming back from trying out a FA Criterion barrel on the MATEN. The Lilja install went smooth as expected. The only difference I've found so far was closing the bolt took more downward pressure to lock up. Will probably go shooting Monday to try it out. Thanks for the hook up djdilliodon.

No prob, we need some pics!!!

Trying for pics now. Found plenty of clearance between barrel and stock, at least two business cards. Balance point has moved forward a little. Can't wait to try it out, maybe tomorrow. As you all can see, I'm no Bob Cummings as a picher taker (does that date me as older than most?).

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    697.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    743.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    574.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    710.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Trying for pics now. Found plenty of clearance between barrel and stock, at least two business cards. Balance point has moved forward a little. Can't wait to try it out, maybe tomorrow. As you all can see, I'm no Bob Cummings as a picher taker (does that date me as older than most?).

Shoot it as it sits but I highly recommend you pillar bed and glass bed it to get the most out of the barrel. Since you have an hmr and it fires jacketed bullets, you must break in your barrel! Those who got a 22 LR barrel do not have to break in there barrel. Here is the recommended break in for the lilja barrels using jacketed bullets :

Break-in Procedure

For an effective break-in the barrel should be cleaned after every shot for the first 10-12 rounds or until copper fouling stops. Our procedure is to push a cotton patch that is wet with solvent through the barrel. This will remove much of the powder fouling and wet the inside of the barrel with solvent. Next, wet a bronze brush (not a nylon brush) with solvent and stroke the barrel 5-10 times. Follow this by another wet patch and then one dry patch. Now soak the barrel with a strong copper removing solvent until all of the blue mess is removed from the barrel. The copper fouling will be heavy for a few rounds and then taper off quickly in just one or two shots. Once it has stopped or diminished significantly it is time to start shooting 5 shot groups, cleaning after each one. After 25-30 rounds clean at a normal interval of 10-25 rounds. Your barrel is now broken-in.

Normal cleaning

For a normal cleaning (after a string of 10-25 shots) after break-in, the above procedure should be used, but stop short of soaking the barrel with the strong copper remover. A good rule of thumb is to stroke the barrel with a brush, one cycle for every shot fired.

Periodic cleaning

It is probably a good idea to use a strong copper removing solvent every 200 rounds, or so, to check the barrel for copper fouling. We do not recommend the routine use of abrasive cleaners for normal cleaning. However they can be used every 500-1000 rounds to remove the carbon build-up (caused by powder fouling) in the throat area of the barrel. To use, wrap a cotton patch around a worn out brush or a cleaning jag and liberally apply the abrasive cleaner to the patch. Short stroke the abrasive for 6" or so in the throat area and one or two full length passes through the barrel. Do not clean the barrel like this for more than 1-2 minutes.

With a rimfire firing jacketed bullets you can most likely get a bigger string of shots before accuracy drops off. This will be something you will learn that will be unique to your rifle.

I've already pillared and partially bedded the action in the front and the tang areas only. A very snug fit. Now I'm just wondering if the barrel might need pressure pads. I also stoned the sear and cut the trigger spring a little. It feels better now than my friends with a Timney. Smooth, light and crisp release with very little take up.
Break in and maintenance instructions came with the barrel. I've got another Lilja for a MATEN in 260 Rem and it also came with those instructions. I plan on accomplishing the break in on Monday, even though I've had the same results with either the break in or not. My experience is some barrels will start shooting after about 10rnds and others up to 200rnds.

I've already pillared and partially bedded the action in the front and the tang areas only. A very snug fit. Now I'm just wondering if the barrel might need pressure pads. I also stoned the sear and cut the trigger spring a little. It feels better now than my friends with a Timney. Smooth, light and crisp release with very little take up.
Break in and maintenance instructions came with the barrel. I've got another Lilja for a MATEN in 260 Rem and it also came with those instructions. I plan on accomplishing the break in on Monday, even though I've had the same results with either the break in or not. My experience is some barrels will start shooting after about 10rnds and others up to 200rnds.

All the Lilja's I've done in the 455 have shot best with the first 3" of the barrel channel bedded. Some do even more than that and get great results. She should shoot damn good with what you have done already. Def give us a range report!!!

Did the tedious break in procedure today. No copper present after 5 rnds. Shot a total of 95 rnds. Shot 9 groups at 100yds with an average of 1.2". The smallest group was a 5 shot group at .57" and the largest was 10 shot group at 1.9". Even though the conditions weren't ideal (swirling winds) and I was starting to shiver a little, I'm satisfied for the moment. I think I'll shoot it this way for awhile before bedding a section of the barrel.

I want to learn more about these 22LR set ups. Does anyone sell the rifles already set up as you all have done here? Nice work!
Bill

I want to learn more about these 22LR set ups. Does anyone sell the rifles already set up as you all have done here? Nice work!
Bill

No one I know of. I've built 6 for others but that was for people who are local to me. I don't have an FFL or a business so never did one for someone out of state. I do feel there would be a market for this and have thought about testing the waters by buying a 455, building it, and then listing it on gunbroker just to see what it goes for.

Does anyone sell the rifles already set up as you all have done here?

Just for giggles I thought about what it would take to provide one.

Manners T4A custom bedded and pillared to fit the 455 action, cost plus 2 hours.
Replace the factory Trigger with a Timney or Rifle Basix, cost plus 1/2 hour.
Lilja barrel, install and barrel bedding, cost plus 1 hour.
Custom paint, cost plus 2 hours.

figuring 50 bucks an hour for skilled labor (profit-can't work for free)

Stock $800
Trigger $150
Barrel $500
Paint $150

Total $1600

Wouldn't be cheap

I know it'll look good, and if it performs like an annie or better, I'm sure there would be some buyers at that price,

CZ 455 Lilja group buy! Updated with who is back ordered and who is not!!!!

If anyone is interested in a drop in for there sako quad or ruger 77 that's not threaded I may be able to include you in this group buy!!! Any interest?

Wish I would of saw this at the beginning of the year.....would of loved to have a Lilja on the 77/22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just gotta say, need to offer these threaded from the get go. I don't wanna order a super duper high zoot barrel, and then send it out to someone else to thread it. I want the super duper high zoot guy to thread it when he makes it. Besides, doesn't everyone here have a 22 can?

Just gotta say, need to offer these threaded from the get go. I don't wanna order a super duper high zoot barrel, and then send it out to someone else to thread it. I want the super duper high zoot guy to thread it when he makes it. Besides, doesn't everyone here have a 22 can?

That would have been nice, but it sounds like Lilja was not offering that option. I am still a little hesitant to send mine out, may just swap the factory barrel for suppressed shooting.
Dj, got my shipping notice the other day, right on schedule.

Barrel mfg don't offer threading, gunsmiths do. Not everyone owns a suppressor, far from it.

Last edited:
That would have been nice, but it sounds like Lilja was not offering that option. I am still a little hesitant to send mine out, may just swap the factory barrel for suppressed shooting.
Dj, got my shipping notice the other day, right on schedule.

I've tried to get them to thread them but they just don't do it :(. The only option would be to have a smith you trust do it for you.

Awesome on the shipping! Everyone that was on back order please let me know if you got a notice or have received your barrel.

When I placed the order I specifically told them to fill by the 3 digit number. Hammertime was 003 and fsbiker is 008 so I expect that they filled ALL orders. I'll give them a call tomorrow and will find out!

Thanks. Not in a hurry right now to get it, but just wondering why.

Talked with patty at lilja today and everyone's barrel that was on back order has been shipped :). In about one week they will have full stock again on 22 LR straight .900" barrels if anyone wants to grab one direct from lilja.