• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 Rail

RG86

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2017
Ok folks last question for at least 2 minutes.

Can I get some recommendations on a rail for the 455? I am leaning heavily towards the Area 419 15 MOA rail. Any reason not to? I don’t own any of their products currently but I have heard nothing but good things.

Good rail.
Do you have enough elevation in your scope for only 15 MOA? 30 MOA may be better choice if this is for .22.

You can not go wrong with the 419 rail it’s the best in class. I use a 30 moa running a Vortex PST Gen II 5-25

Another +1. Had a Dip rail and took it off and swapped it once Area 419's came out.

How does the EGW compare to the 419. I just got shipping confirmation on my scope and want to replace my DIP rail

Area 419 is probably the best, but DIP and EGW also make pic rails for 455s. IMO, the EGW is too tall and the DIP is held in place with set screws, so the 419 wins my vote.

Reactions: Lmatt and Tx_Aggie
Area 419 is probably the best, but DIP and EGW also make pic rails for 455s. IMO, the EGW is too tall and the DIP is held in place with set screws, so the 419 wins my vote.

Would you happen to be able to tell me how high the 419 is? I'm looking to put a 56mm objective on my Trainer and wondering if 1" (height) rings will work. I cleared a 60mm with 1.18" and a the DIP rail. So I assume I will have plenty of room.

Thanks folks. 419 30moa ordered. Along with a hoodie!!
Best part is they didn’t screw me on shipping to Alaska. That was refreshing.

Would you happen to be able to tell me how high the 419 is? I'm looking to put a 56mm objective on my Trainer and wondering if 1" (height) rings will work. I cleared a 60mm with 1.18" and a the DIP rail. So I assume I will have plenty of room.
I use the Area 419 and medium Vortex Precision Rings and my Sightron SIII has a 60mm objective and it clears. I think the vortex medium ring height is .89”

08B84653-963B-4D95-8276-6C4454248BCC.jpeg

Reactions: Lmatt
Ordered a 15 moa. Although 3 Kirkland diapers seem about perfect as long as you apply the correct amount of tension to your bungee cord ?
850207AE-AA7E-480E-B916-44F6F4842988.jpeg

For others who are wondering about how much MOA is needed in the rails .... Tony Kidd says the following:

If you shoot from 25 to 50 yards the Zero MOA is the way to go. If you are shooting from 50 to 100 you should go with the 10 MOA and if you shoot 100 yard or more the 20 MOA will work the best for you.

The concept was explained to me that we want the target to be in the mechanical center of the scope at the distance we most commonly shoot at so that lens distortion and edge effects are minimized.

If you need a low base, the DiP is fine. The set screws aren't optimal, but the clamping effect of the actual rings will hold it tight to the 11mm groove. Area 419 is the best from all I've seen. I put thin shims under the set screws to keep them from marking up the receiver. Lead shot works too, but it will compress and the rail will slide off if you remove the rings.

If you need a low base, the DiP is fine. The set screws aren't optimal, but the clamping effect of the actual rings will hold it tight to the 11mm groove. Area 419 is the best from all I've seen. I put thin shims under the set screws to keep them from marking up the receiver. Lead shot works too, but it will compress and the rail will slide off if you remove the rings.

What kind of shims did you use? I've got a friend fighting this issue right now.

Agree with Starbucks. Murphy Precision rails are the ultimate. Made in steel or titanium. For Anschutz rails come with holes matching holes in receiver and screws so can attach the rail most securely. The width of the rails, the width across the rail not the slot width, is mil-spec. This is not the case on many other picatinny rails.

Why do some of these rails use setscrews? The rail is going over a dovetail. The obvious solution is to clamp on the dovetail itself, as that is what the dovetail is for.

What am I not seeing?

Why do some of these rails use setscrews? The rail is going over a dovetail. The obvious solution is to clamp on the dovetail itself, as that is what the dovetail is for.

What am I not seeing?
When you make a clamp style mount either of the style that flex to clamp (long relief cut running full length) or with the cantilevered clamp hardware or cross screws (like most scope rings) the base must be thick enough to accommodate this. We're not talking about massive amount of differences here but the rails you are referring to (probably DIP) are the thinnest and lowest bases I know of and if you were concerned about build up and scope height that would matter. I have used both, I one particular rifle that was going to be cerakoted anyway I cut spotfaces in the top of the dovetail where the set screws would go, between that and loctite that rail will never move. After all we are talking about 22lr here.

Reactions: 308pirate
When you make a clamp style mount either of the style that flex to clamp (long relief cut running full length) or with the cantilevered clamp hardware or cross screws (like most scope rings) the base must be thick enough to accommodate this. We're not talking about massive amount of differences here but the rails you are referring to (probably DIP) are the thinnest and lowest bases I know of and if you were concerned about build up and scope height that would matter. I have used both, I one particular rifle that was going to be cerakoted anyway I cut spotfaces in the top of the dovetail where the set screws would go, between that and loctite that rail will never move. After all we are talking about 22lr here.
Ok so the only reason is to make the pic rail as thin (vertically) as possible. Thanks, didn't think of that.

I am using a Area 419 30 moa I like the height sot my Anarchy bolt handle will clear. I am running a Vortex Gen2 PST and Seekins .97 rings.