• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 (Stainless) in NRL22 Base Class?

boy412

Meat Popsicle
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic area
The rules say that a rifle that is out of production isn't allowed in base class because MSRP can't be determined. This seems like a grey area to me, since this rifle is still readily available...and MSRP seems easy to determine ($429'ish?). Or are the match directors pretty hard ass about this? I'm unfamiliar.

:)

I'd like to compete in Base Class with this rifle but if I can't then I'll start planning some upgrades. It will certainly open up the available options for optics!

I'm also not averse to buying a new 457 Varmint.

Msrp is determined by manufacturer only and I don't see it listed when you check the site but when you Google it it shows $434-$451.

Screenshot_2020-07-18-18-48-50.png

Technically out of production will put you in open but the 455's were very popular and the msrp well known, can't see it being an issue. In local matches the MD's have last word and we wouldn't have a problem with it, if you go to a regional or national match, hard to say.

Reactions: boy412
I'd say your best bet would be to call/message/email/carrier pigeon the local match director and ask him directly. Considering the msrp for the 455's was still listed on the COF's earlier this year before the '20/'21 season started they obviously know the msrp range but like @accurate obsession said, the MD will have final say.

Reactions: boy412
Screw base class. Don't limit yourself. It's like being the smartest retard.

Build what you want, what's fun, and shoot it.

We don't do classes, I shot against a vudoo and rim-x last Saturday. I was at 290, a Ruger precision followed up with a 207. The vudoo shooter was below 200 and the rim-x shooter was below 150. Lots of custom home brew 10/22's and CZ's were there and doing great.

It'll always be the Indian not the arrow. Build what you want, shoot it well, and you'll be near the top of the pack. Practice until you shoot it exceptionally well and you'll be in the very top consistently.