• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

cz 455 ?

Re: cz 455 ?

I have the CZ452 16" barrel and it is the most accurate 22 I have ever owned. It will shoot moa or just under at 100 yards on a calm day with Wolf Match Target ammo. Its a great rifle.

I have never owned a better .22. I love my cz. Very accurate.Mine also really likes wolf match.

Mike

What do you want to know about the 455? Its a great rifle any specific questions?

Some 455 observations both good and bad;

First off you can swap out barrels very easily. This allows you to change calibers and barrel lengths and profiles. Curently CZ USA dosnt offer replacement Varmit profiled barrels which sucks so if thats the one you want be sure to buy the complete rifle with that barrel. CZ does offer the .17HMR, .22LR and .22 Mag in 20" tapered profiles and the 20" .22 lr is offered threaded as well. Another .22 barrel CZ sells is the Lux or military trainer style which has sights. Right now Lilja offeres match SS drop in barrels in a straight .90" tube and a heavy Var taper which is a tad heavier than the CZ Var but not a straight tube like the CZ. More info here http://www.riflebarrels.com/products/cz_455.htm

The same cheezy sheet metal trigger guard as the 452 was carried over to the 455 but they did make it a tad more palatable. This is an easy fix as D.I.P. offers a very nice replacement trigger guard. I realize the trigger guard dosnt contribute anything to the performance but it really cheapens up the looks of an otherwise fine looking rifle.

Trigger was nothing to jump for joy over but there are several fixes, google "Yodave trigger" and you will find a replacement sear that has a very good reputation. Rifle Basix also makes a trigger and so does Timney. IMO I like the Timney the best and went that route as its a complete replacement not just a replacement component of the factory trigger parts as is the case with the other two.

DIP also offers several lengths of Pic rails as well as different MOA cants, I'm running a 25MOA extended rail on mine. Again nothing that really has anything to do with performance but DIP also offers a replacement all Aluminum magazine housing to replace the factory plastic unit.

Bolt out the box was horrible, lots of very hrsh tooling marks from the mill. Easy fix with a Dremel tool and some lapping paste, took me about an hour while watching TV and drinking beer to get it cleanned up and slikery.

Accuracy was to be expected from a CZ rimfire which is to say excellent. I have not fired any "Match Grade" ammo just your common .22 offerings found at Wally World. 25yds (indoor) .25" is about the average of the 300rnds of so I have fired through mine (20" .22 cut to 16"). Bear in mind that an average I have fired worst being about .60" and best being a 5 round cloverleaf and a .30" 15 shot string. Oh I did have a 16" yes that inches 5 round group with CB shorts (quiet but not accurate lol).

Now for the 452...pretty much same complaints and fixes as already stated for the 455 in regards to trigger, trigger guard and same available accessories BUT the barrel cant be changed out like the 455. 452 is vaery well proven and there is some reluctance among CZ fans to jump into the 455 but thus far I have no complaints aside from the bolt tooling marks which were non existant on my 452. There are marginaly better offerings for aftermarket stocks for the 452 from Klinsky and Boyds. Manners and McM both offer stocks for the 455 and 452 but either will be over 400.00

Well thats about all I have off the top of my head if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

A06

I have had mine for a year. They are great rifles. Mine will hold MOA or better with good ammo. Get s good scope on one and do some long range shooting. I don't have a 452, but I would say they are on par with one another. I bought mine after looking at savages. I was not impressed with the savage line at all. CZ got my attention when a friend showed me his. He handed it to me and I almost crapped my pants when I worked the bolt. It was like glass. I went straight home and ordered one.

The trigger guard does not bother me at all. It actually looks nice. The removable barrel helps with thorough cleanings or if you have a takedown case for it for travel.(compact)

The machining is very good, but the bolt needs some work out of the box to make it perfect. I stoned mine and changed a few angles to make the camming action easier. Pillars can help these rifles too.

The entire rifle can be taken completely apart in about a minute. They need to be scrubbed out real good when you get them.

I am sure others will post about theirs, but I love mine. WAY better than a savage.

I picked up my 455 about 3 weeks ago, and can attest to all said above. I'm impressed with the accuracy, but was a little bummed at the trigger and stiff bolt. I had no idea you could lap that! Looks like I have a little project to do...

I have a DIP trigger guard on order, but they are out of stock, so no idea when they will get back in. Truth to tell...the 455 factory one isn't so bad, but the DIP is a fine addition. I'm planning on dropping this into a Manners T4 (should be done around July).

I think it is pretty hard to go wrong with this trainer.

I have been sand bagging my CZ 455 build post untill its complete but thats one of the items I'll be covering.

Only two things left for mine are the Lilja barrel and I'm installing a handstop and rail (from a Savage Anschutz) to aid in sling position shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: isaaccarlson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The trigger guard does not bother me at all. It actually looks nice. </div></div>

I have to agree. I'm just setting up my 452 varmint that has been in the box since 2007. The DIP replacement looks nice, but I don't see the pressing need to go and replace the factory trigger guard for $120.

i just checked my credit card, it was charged by CZ. hopefully that means my 455 varmint is on the way, have to check my FFL dealer later today to see if it is there.

The 455 with the threaded barrel is threaded 1/2 x20 and not 1/2 x28. 1/2x28 is what most US suppersors are threaded.

I shot this target last saturday with my 455. It was windy and drizzling, but my CZ got the job done. Get the CZ.

100yardtarget.jpg

I looked at both and went the CZ 455 Varmint route as well, had to get a CZ rep to find one for me and it should be at my FFL any day now. I've shot both and definitely prefer the CZ. I'll post a bit more once it's in hand and such..