• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 - 16.5" At-One & Pro Varmint Shooters

*rim-star*

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2014
What accuracy averages do you get at 50 yards from either of the 16.5" barrels on these rifles. Thanks in Advance.

Center x with no lot testing produces .26 out of my gun if I do my part.

Wolf match does about .4ish
Eley subsonic 38gr does about the same but opens way up further than 50
Cci standard velocity does great as well
I've got some tenex pistol I want to try sometime.

Reactions: *rim-star*
.26" is amazing, does it do that consistently? About the best I can get is attached and that's with an IBI barrel.
457 IBI Lapua PK 4-15-20 .334.jpg
457 IBI SK Biathlon Sport 10-4-20 .346.jpg

Amazing! Have you taken it out to 100 yds?
If you haven’t already done so, it should consider posting on the 6x5 rimfire thread.
Never mind, found your group in 6x5 v4.0 :)
Did you shoot that on the Bench or prone?

Last edited:
Amazing! Have you taken it out to 100 yds?
If you haven’t already done so, it should consider posting on the 6x5 rimfire thread.
Never mind, found your group in 6x5 v4.0 :)
Did you shoot that on the Bench or prone?

That particular day was from a bench. I did take it to 100 and 200 some, but where it was very close to a V22 at 50 yards, it opened up a little more further out (why is that??). Still not bad by any means, and great bang for the buck. It resides at my sons house now, so I won't be shooting it too often. I highly recommend them if a Vudoo isn't in the budget.

16.5" At-One here. Consistantly 1/2-3/4 MOA@50 with SK Standard Plus. Occasionally a flier but probably more me than the gun. Off of bags, off the bench.

CZ457 Pro Varmit 16.5... good shooter with SK Standard Plus.

50 Yds off Bench with Bipod and rear bag. I prefer to shoot steel over paper groups. Top and bottom rows are 5 shots groups with SK Standard Plus, middle is SK Pistol Match. SK Standard Plus shoots better - not sure what these measure, but it's pretty good for a $550 stock 22LR. I also shoot a lot of Aguila Super Extra SV, not as consistent as SK, but it's about half the price.

On my Magneto Speed ~55 degrees the SK runs 1079 fps with sd 10 and the Aguila runs about 1155 fps with sd 12. I like the Aguila better for long range 200 and beyond.

CZ w Atlas.JPG
SK Standard and Pistol.jpg

I have a pro varmint. I usually shoot a couple of boxes per range session. In that more or less 100 rounds I'll maybe get two good (for me) groups depending the wind and my caffeine intake prior to the session lol. Red Bull on empty stomach in the morning = I can see my pulse moving the crosshairs (at least it did so last session).

I shoot 5 shot groups at 100 and maybe once or twice a session I can go MOA or slightly better. Currently I mostly shoot Eley Club Xtra just because I have it in bulk. I look forward to trying Center X in the future.

50836450552_606bf9c75a_h.jpg

50836366666_89f60abb17_b.jpg

I have a pro varmint. I usually shoot a couple of boxes per range session. In that more or less 100 rounds I'll maybe get two good (for me) groups depending the wind and my caffeine intake prior to the session lol. Red Bull on empty stomach in the morning = I can see my pulse moving the crosshairs (at least it did so last session).

I shoot 5 shot groups at 100 and maybe once or twice a session I can go MOA or slightly better. Currently I mostly shoot Eley Club Xtra just because I have it in bulk. I look forward to trying Center X in the future.

50836450552_606bf9c75a_h.jpg

50836366666_89f60abb17_b.jpg
Peahi2 - Really nice shooting at 100.
I can only get under 1“ about 25% of the time, usually it is around 1.1“ or 1.2“ avg for the unofficial 6x5.
The Arken SH gen2 6-24x 50 just came in so hopefully I’ll be able to shoot for some 100 yard groups this weekend.
YMMV, happy shooting.