• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 LRP

Maybe I’m a better shot than I though.
I just put this group together with 38 year old Eley Match, at 25 yards, through aperture peeps.
1638B107-1618-4060-8267-0A2F638EB98E.jpeg

437EB57B-C888-48B1-AD9A-98929D984566.jpeg

This thread started about the LRP but went off track. Plenty of talk on the MTR elsewhere. I have an LRP in transit. I procrastinated too long and then couldn't find one. All CZ's are hard to find at this time. Anyway, I posted a wanted to buy ad on another forum and a nice guy told me about his LGS having one. I called and bought it for a very good price. One had just sold on GB for $1450. I paid way less. As soon I get it set up and to the range I'll report.

Last edited:
This thread started about the LRP but went off track. Plenty of talk on the MTR elsewhere. I have an LRP in transit. I procrastinated too long and then couldn't find one. All CZ's are hard to find at this time. Anyway, I posted a wanted to buy ad on another forum and a nice guy told me about his LGS having one. I called and bought it for a very good price. One had just sold on GB for $1450. I paid way less. As soon I get it set up and to the range I'll report.
I’m deciding between the two of them, the LRP has really good reviews, but I give more value to reviews from people who have spent their own money.

I’m deciding between the two of them, the LRP has really good reviews, but I give more value to reviews from people who have spent their own money.

What kind of shooting do you want to do?

In NRL22/PRS, there's absolutely no reason to have a fluted light barrel like the LRP. The MTR + a KRG Bravo would be a better setup for the same price.

Reactions: Merlin O
What kind of shooting do you want to do?

In NRL22/PRS, there's absolutely no reason to have a fluted light barrel like the LRP. The MTR + a KRG Bravo would be a better setup for the same price.
You’re right, and I would totally rather have the MTR+Bravo.

I have the MTR and a friend has this rifle. My MTR shoots great but his is even better. His 50 and 100 yard groups are as good or better than I have ever seen out of any .22 rimfire.

Stock feels really good. Much more solid than a Hogue overmold stock and not nearly as "squishy". No flex anywhere. Adjustment ranges are good. Palm swell and forend swell are fairly large. You can raise/lower the cheek piece, raise/lower/rotate butt pad and extend/shorten length of pull by means of spacers. The actual act of making these adjustments is rather painful in my opinion. Perhaps because it's new, but figuring out which screws loosen which feature and the proper sequence could have been better designed. When all locked up, it's much more solid than the Ruger precision rimfire I have.

Well, I was going to hit the range tonight or tomorrow, but this happened. I was checking the torque on all the fasteners and when checking the scope base, the two forward screws would not get tight. I had my Weeler's torque wrench set to just under 10in/lbs (~1Nm). Not a fan of how CZ expects people to mount bases to these. It appears the mount was compromised from the factory, as you can actually see it begin to separate in one of the earlier pictures I posted. Looking at other scope bases, it appears the Area419 base would have the most secure mounting solution.

50292140906_0518d60474_h.jpg
It would have been nice if the cheek riser was tool less to adjust. I replaced the Torx screw with a small bolt with a plastic know so that no tools are required. Had no issue with scope mounting and I have been able to shoot sub MOA with SK Standard Plus.

https://www.czub.cz/en/firearms-and-products-product/cz-457-LRP-BLACK - In Europe they came out with the LRP Black, folks did not like the grey as much. The LRPs did not sell well in the US, part of it was because it came late and was never really marketed.

I have compared my LRP to MTR, AT One, varmint american, and another LRP. In general the LRP shoots great, well balanced. It does shoot better than the non-match barrels. I bought mine in the USA, (online) they may have been grey market as my LRP did come with a comp already and a rubber bolt knob (earlier ones did not come with the larger rubber knob). I've since made the cheek riser and rear vertical adjustment toolless and added an Arca rail for my Accutac bipod.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m