• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 Pro Varmit Scope rings question

1911Operator

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2019
Upstate New York
I just ordered a CZ 457 Pro Varmit.. will be adding a Athlon Argos 6-24x50 scope.. question is what size rings do I need ? The scope and rings will be mounted on a DIP scope mount.. It says the base adds .28" to the receiver height.. would it be safe to assume medium rings would work ??

Reactions: 1911Operator
It really depends on what brand/style of rings you use., as they can be labeled "medium" but be very different heights between models and manufacturers. As Billmeek said already, the Burris Signature XTR rings (the ones with inserts) in medium height should work. The rings are a bit pricey if you're on a budget, but they're quality gear.

Reactions: 1911Operator
Yes, they are quite pricey.. I've used Leupold PRW2's on another build and really like those.. If I divide the objective size 50mm, by half, that would be .9845".. the height of the base is .28".. bringing the height needed to clear the barrel would be .700" plus a few hundreds for caps.. so I'm looking for something around .730 or .740" tall.. I think ??

Last edited:
1” rings are perfect on mine with a dip scope mount. I bought the cheaper Burris rings without the plastic inserts and they work fine. The ones billmeek mentioned are nice too. This setup gives a little clearance with the vortex defender scope covers on a 30mm 6x24x50 vortexes diamondback tactical.

I just ordered a CZ 457 Pro Varmit.. will be adding a Athlon Argos 6-24x50 scope.. question is what size rings do I need ? The scope and rings will be mounted on a DIP scope mount.. It says the base adds .28" to the receiver height.. would it be safe to assume medium rings would work ??

I have a 30mm tube and a 50 mm objevtive. My rings are .85 to center and perfect. Any lower though and the scope caps would hit the barrel. I have about 1/8” between the scope caps and the barrel. It also has the DIP 25 moa rail.

12F9D102-6A93-4237-9EF3-96C94D28CAB1.jpeg

Nice !! I went with the Athlon Midas Tac 6-24×50..Seekins Medium rings .87" and a Area 419 30 moa rail

Nice !! I went with the Athlon Midas Tac 6-24×50..Seekins Medium rings .87" and a Area 419 30 moa rail
Question, I'm getting a cz 457 varmint mtr next week. Going with Athlon Midas btr gen2 4.5-27x50 and sunshade with area 419 15 moa mount . Do you know or think I would have enough clearance using seekins medium rings .87 same as yours? Thank you for any help. Greatly appreciated

Question, I'm getting a cz 457 varmint mtr next week. Going with Athlon Midas btr gen2 4.5-27x50 and sunshade with area 419 15 moa mount . Do you know or think I would have enough clearance using seekins medium rings .87 same as yours? Thank you for any help. Greatly appreciated
Also from upstate NY