• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 527 17 Hornet barrel length

shaun1826

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
AR
I know this probably isn’t the best forum to ask this on but I’m hoping someone has one of these and has some data on it. I’ve got a 17 hornet that I’m having the barrel cut down and threaded for a suppressor. It’s currently 24 inches and I’m probably going to make it 20 or 18 inch. My question is has anyone went from 24 inch to 18 or 20 inch and what was the loss in velocity? I’m probably splitting hairs but I would like to go 18 inch if there isn’t a big loss in velocity compared to 20 inch.

Thanks

Saw this on Saubier.com (not my post)
I have a couple CZ . 17 hornets, in New Zealand, I had the Varmint 24" chopped to 20" and threaded for a suspressor,
Velocity loss was from 3780 with 24" tube to 3730. Fps with the 20", 20 gr, with cfe blackout. 12.5 gr.
I am now considering reducing further, to 17-18", as overbarrel suspressor adds 4" in length,
The American, with its 22" barrel, runs 3750 fps with the same load,

Love shooting my 17 Hornet. Unfortunately no suppressors and only lead free ammo for hunting in my home state ???

Reactions: shaun1826