• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 527 Varmint .223 Kevlar

JBM_DC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
OKC, OK
www.facebook.com
Just purchased a new CZ 527 Varmint .223 Kevlar and was looking for help from those of you who have these 527 varmint rifles.

The scope going on the rifle is a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 and the eye piece measures 1.72". I have heard there are sometimes clearance isues with the bolt. What rings would be best for this setup?

Re: CZ 527 Varmint .223 Kevlar

Jim Calhoon sells a bolt handle that has been groud to help with the clearence issues. I would look in to correcting the handle and not try to use extra tall rings or otherwise to correct the problem.

Google "James Calhoon" and have a look around his site.

buy tall rings and you'll be fine, i just mounted the exact same set up( only difference is mines a walnut stock). I bought the medium rings first and the bolt wouldn't clear so i returned it for tall rings and now it works great

Buy a bore guide and clean the shit out of that barrel. It will take you forever to get all that dark gray crap out of it, but you will be rewarded with a fine shooter.

The trigger is easy to adjust.

Both of my CZ's prefer a firm hold to shoot their best groups. Neither one will shoot better with the set trigger...

I had good luck with the stock CZ rings they are fairly high. I used to own the same gun, it would shoot .5 moa groups with factory ammo. then one day it stopped shooting that good and for some reason I could never get that accuracy back. I have no idea what happened. had it glass bedded and that would not fix it either. be careful CZ screwed up when they ordered the HS stocks they got metric and inches mixed up and ordered the stocks with like a 12" LOP even with a 1" pad. don't know if that has been corrected with later models.

i know this has been debated to shit but i personally think you should lap the barrel, take a shot clean it and repeat till it feels smooth. cz is notorious for filling their barrels with grease.

That was one of the rifles I really regret selling. Had mine cut back to 16", bedded and the set trigger adjusted so it was no longer a set trigger and broke about 2.5 lbs.

Only reason I sold it was I was sitting on a metric shit load of 55gr .223 ammo at the time and it just didnt like the light pills at all.

I added the CZ pic rail and used MK4 Med rings with a loopy MK4 (44mm) no bolt lify issues. Link to [url=railhttp://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19010/Weaver-Adapter-Rail-527-16mm-Dovetail.aspx][url=railhttp://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19010/Weaver-Adapter-Rail-527-16mm-Dovetail.aspx]railhttp://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19010/Weaver-Adapter-Rail-527-16mm-Dovetail.aspx[/url][/url]

if you dont mind me hijacking this thread(its in your interest also lol)what grain of bullets did you guys find to shoot wonderful with yours? so far on mine ive tried 40 ,52, and 55 grain bullets all ladder tested with hogdon benchmark and all shot better than one moa but none cloverholed. im wondering if i should continue testing or try a box of 68 grainers seeing as its near the maximum a 1:9 can handle

less than 4..........69 SMK 23g varget. Shoots light out in nmine!!!!!!! Not a speed deamon, but very accurate.

Thank you for all the replys, I did end up ordering a set of warne tall rings which measure .545" compared to the CZ talls measuring .555" so I hope that this difference doesnt show up with clearance issues. As far as factory loads, it would be helpful if you guys could point me in the right direction. I do intend to shoot out to 500 yards "hopefuly as close to MOA as possible. What types of factory loads do your rifles like? Because of price I was looking into obtaining the Black Hills "Remanufactured" ammunition but unsure as to projectile type / grainage.

The rifle is a beauty, but the one thing I never found in any reviews or the CZ site was the mentioning of the extremely LARGE palm swell. I am not a 6'5" swedish man so this does seem a bit large for my average size stature. If I cannot get used to it, it should be no big deal for me to do some refinishing to the stock.

Check out James Calhoon. http://jamescalhoon.com/

he has all the stuff you need for the CZ527, mags, barrels, bore guides, extended bolt knobs.

I bought a 527 off here 2 years ago, and that is my go to Yote gun. Love hunting with it and just going to the range. Mine loves the 69g SMK.