• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 550 .22-250 - Any Feedback?

PharmShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2011
Muncie, IN
Does anyone have any experience with a CZ 550 Varmint in 22-250? I'm considering buying a new one and wondered if anyone had any experience or had any other advice. This rifle will cost me about $900 new as best I can tell. Thanks.

Re: CZ 550 .22-250 - Any Feedback?

I owned one in .223 briefly & it was a fantastic shooter. I used it alongside a high dollar weatherby & it was just as accurate. You cannot go wrong with the CZ, I got rid of mine because it was too nice & shiny for me to bang up in the woods.

I have one in 22-250. Great rifle - sub-moa. I can't tell you anything more precise than that.

I don't ever shoot it, just because I enjoy .223 and .308 more and because it's RH rifle and I'm a Southpaw. You gotta love that claw extractor, though!

I have the CZ 550 varmint in 223 and it very very accurate. 1/2 inch all day long with 69 sierra MK and 23 grains of varget. I have no doubt the 22-250 would be a shooter as well. Almost too pretty to scratch up though.

I plan on making this my primary coyote gun and won't worry too much about scratching it up. Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a real shooter and great for it's intended purpose.

I have a CZ550 American in .243. I too bought it fir coyote hunting but I never use it due to its weight. It's an accurate rifle that's all steel but it just doesn't have the same comfort as other hunting rifles I own.