• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cz 600 after market stock

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
not a common rifle. have looked everywhere imaginable and found nothing in the way of aftermarket stocks. the factory stock has a very thin forend which has a poor ability to ride well on bags. it wobbles all over. might have to see about front rider. think some are around,but from NZ or AUS,i think. any info out there? with what it likes seems to want to shoot sub moa (have it in 223). thanks for any leads i have missed.

You wont see stocks until there are a lot of them sold, and I do not see that happening any time soon. I had one, nice handy little rifle but i sold it off. Has some nice features with the interchangeable bolt head and

CZ screwed up with their DIY barrel changes, then recalling it and making it barrel changes only through their service centers. They also never offered any barrels on their store even before the recall. With the lugs being in the barrel, 90% of barrel makers will not support it so i see this rifle line as a dead end (at least in the states). CZ will only keep supporting it as long as it is making money (i dont think it is yet), then when it doesn't they will drop it. I didn't want to be left holding a rifle with no future and possible no future support. It will be okay for the hunter that shoots 10 rounds a year, but not for shooters. I think they might sell in Europe where barrels are more controlled like receivers, but for the USA market I think they will have to change the line.

Man that’s too bad. I really like the look of the 600 LUX, but they don’t seem to be shipping very many. I was going to sell my cheapo savage hog and grab a LUX in 308. I got tired of waiting and found a Oryx stock for my Savage, sounds like I made the right choice.

Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
KY gun shows them available in 223 at least. got my alpha from them shoots well aka MOA or better often. wanted a tikka or howa. gave up and got cz because 1/7 twist. as oon as it got here,tikka varmints showed up and howas could be found. AHHH!

I have a CZ 600 Alpha in .223Rem. I like the 1:7 rifling for the heavy bullets I use and I like that *I* can change the bbl - yes, that will void the warranty, not a problem for me.

Wish list - a better stock, a bit heavier bbl, and allow me to change the bbl with affecting the warranty. As is, it's a tack shooter with simple Arken SH4-2 6-24x50 glass.

Whilst I await an aftermarket stock from Boyd's et al, the easy stock fix is to Rockite the fore end. I've done this to many Tupperware stocks and it's very effective, particularly if using a bipod and the bbl is floated (as is on the 600 Alpha).

cz600alpha.jpg

I have a CZ 600 Alpha in .223Rem. I like the 1:7 rifling for the heavy bullets I use and I like that *I* can change the bbl - yes, that will void the warranty, not a problem for me.

Wish list - a better stock, a bit heavier bbl, and allow me to change the bbl with affecting the warranty. As is, it's a tack shooter with simple Arken SH4-2 6-24x50 glass.

Whilst I await an aftermarket stock from Boyd's et al, the easy stock fix is to Rockite the fore end. I've done this to many Tupperware stocks and it's very effective, particularly if using a bipod and the bbl is floated (as is on the 600 Alpha).

View attachment 8187067

Hey, thanks for this post! You mentioned heavy bullets. Can you please tell me the max COAL that will fit in the mag? How heavy can you go? I reached out to CZ USA but haven’t heard back.

Separately, how much work does it usually take to inlet Boyd’s stocks? Are they plug-and-play, or do they take a lot of work?

When it comes to barrel swaps, do you have any sources for barrels? I really wish they could have used an AR barrel extension, or something readily available like that.

Hey, thanks for this post! You mentioned heavy bullets. Can you please tell me the max COAL that will fit in the mag? How heavy can you go? I reached out to CZ USA but haven’t heard back.

COL for .223Rem etc. is about 2.500". I'm loading Hornady 75gr BTHP bullets that will NOT fit into most any .223Rem mag, so they're single loaded. Also will be testing SMK 77gr and Berger 80gr bullets, and all will be single loaded. I do load Hornady 68gr BTHP that fit the CZ600 mag and also MagPul AR mags. It's basically a medium weight .224 bullet and I load it for a 1.966" jam ogive and 2.371" jam OAL.

Separately, how much work does it usually take to inlet Boyd’s stocks? Are they plug-and-play, or do they take a lot of work?

Depends on what Boyd's can offer - sometimes it's a drop-in, sometimes a bit of fitting is needed.

When it comes to barrel swaps, do you have any sources for barrels? I really wish they could have used an AR barrel extension, or something readily available like that.

I've changed LOTS of bolt gun bbls for Rem and Savage, but have no clue yet who's got CZ 600 bbls, probably none since doing it yerself voids the warranty. It's got to be an easy bbl swap with just 2 or 3 bolts that clamp in the bbl. I'll do it myself, don't care much about the warranty, but first need to find bbl sources.

COL for .223Rem etc. is about 2.500". I'm loading Hornady 75gr BTHP bullets that will NOT fit into most any .223Rem mag, so they're single loaded. Also will be testing SMK 77gr and Berger 80gr bullets, and all will be single loaded. I do load Hornady 68gr BTHP that fit the CZ600 mag and also MagPul AR mags. It's basically a medium weight .224 bullet and I load it for a 1.966" jam ogive and 2.371" jam OAL.

Depends on what Boyd's can offer - sometimes it's a drop-in, sometimes a bit of fitting is needed.

I've changed LOTS of bolt gun bbls for Rem and Savage, but have no clue yet who's got CZ 600 bbls, probably none since doing it yerself voids the warranty. It's got to be an easy bbl swap with just 2 or 3 bolts that clamp in the bbl. I'll do it myself, don't care much about the warranty, but first need to find bbl sources.

Thanks!

So you’re able to load the 75gr Hornady HPBTs from the magazine?

Agreed on barrel sources. Seems unlikely to pan out to me. Having said that, the .223 should have a fairly long barrel life if loaded reasonably, so I probably won’t need a new barrel for a good while!

Thanks!

So you’re able to load the 75gr Hornady HPBTs from the magazine?

NO. 68gr will work but nothing longer. ALL long bullet based cartridges are single feed into the chamber. The CZ 600 Alpha magazine allows for easy single cartridge loading

Agreed on barrel sources. Seems unlikely to pan out to me. Having said that, the .223 should have a fairly long barrel life if loaded reasonably, so I probably won’t need a new barrel for a good while!

For me, it depends on how the stock bbl works for the heavier bullets, and of course for what after-market bbls will be available - if any.

I had order for cz600 alpha, I cancelled it when recall canceled the barrel change feature as
I shoot 55 gr vmax for Varmints And alpha not compatible with those.
i went for lux with 1-9 Twist. Had to get adapter as lux has European thread for suppressor.
rifle shoots well. Wish I could switch barrels, bolt heads to add 7.62x39, but getting barrels, bolt heads non starter with cz now. Also, be nice to add 17 hornet, 204 ruger, etc. but I’d be dependent on CZ, don’t think they are going there.
aftermarket stocks would be great, or CZ upping theirs. They had a you tube video on how to switch stocks between various models

I had order for cz600 alpha, I cancelled it when recall canceled the barrel change feature as
I shoot 55 gr vmax for Varmints And alpha not compatible with those.
i went for lux with 1-9 Twist. Had to get adapter as lux has European thread for suppressor.
rifle shoots well. Wish I could switch barrels, bolt heads to add 7.62x39, but getting barrels, bolt heads non starter with cz now. Also, be nice to add 17 hornet, 204 ruger, etc. but I’d be dependent on CZ, don’t think they are going there.
aftermarket stocks would be great, or CZ upping theirs. They had a you tube video on how to switch stocks between various models
Why would the Alpha not be compatible with 55gr vmax?

1:7 twist is perfectly fine for 55 grain bullets but is better suited to heavier bullets up to 90 grains or so. That said, I've found varmint acceptable accuracy in the CZ 600 Alpha out to 300 yards with loading cheap 55 grain FMJ bullets. As always, lots depends on load development and YMMV.

Reactions: Capt45