• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cz action screw torque settings

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
i have a 455 and a 457. thinking about working with inch pound action screw torque settings,which i have never done before. just wondering if anyone has any ideas or experience with this and could suggest a starting point. or,does it matter much in a quality 22? may ask same re my howa 1500 HB on the bolt forum. tx for input or ideas or hands on experience.

Have you checked your owner's manual?
All of my five or so RF bolt rifles - including my 455 -have recommended AS torque between 36-42IP.
Some guys experiment with the settings, but in general 36 has worked for me. YMMV.
Check this out:

Last edited:
tx. didn't see in 457 (new) manual. will lok againe. no manual for 455 (used). but,tx for reply. gives me someplace to start.

i have a 455 and a 457. thinking about working with inch pound action screw torque settings,which i have never done before. just wondering if anyone has any ideas or experience with this and could suggest a starting point. or,does it matter much in a quality 22? may ask same re my howa 1500 HB on the bolt forum. tx for input or ideas or hands on experience.
Wood stocks or fiberglass, chassis? If wood stock anything over 30 inch pounds will start to crush the wood.

CZ455...barrel screws 30 to 34 inch-lbs,
any more has shown to squeeze the chamber out of round,
slug testing by gunsmiths provided the information.
Something about lubricant and threads lowering torque needed.
Stock to receiver screws not to exceed 24 inch-lbs.
Mag well screws tighten to contact then 1/8th turn more.

Reactions: RwP
i refer to action to stock or "guard" screws. barrel screws? means torque if changing out/installing a barrel?

I pull my barrels for cleaning.
Allows complete access to all areas of the action.
Have to torque the barrel (grub) screws every time I reassemble.
I have a 17hmr, a 22wmr and three 22lr barrels for 2 receivers.
Barrels are swapped to fit my needs.
Hunting, varminting, paper punching or ammo testing.

Last edited: