• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ evo scorpion

Snipe260

Fisterateor
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Anybody here got one? Tell me how you like or dislike.

I have had one for about 2 years, have a red dot on it and have a blast with it. Runs whatever you feed it and handles very nice. Trigger is heavy but can easily be lightened.

Reactions: Snipe260
    One followed me home about 3 months ago. 7.7" barrel version with SB brace. Put a MRO on it and I've been very impressed with its accuracy. Cheap S&B 115 ball will group under an 1.75" at 25 yards. 147 HST has shot the best, right at an inch at 25, 3" at 50. Depending on bullet weight velocity has been running between 100 and 175 fps faster than my G19.

Pictured here the day it came home.
    20190202_164054-2.jpg

Thanks for the info guys! Looks like a reliable gun! Gonna purchase one! Love the od green niles!

It is a great gun, IMO if you shoot suppressed it's one of the better options out there, especially for the price. Being straight blowback it limits a ton of gas to the face. My only gripe is the heavy trigger, but it's easily corrected, I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. You won't regret it. Mags are super cheap too btw, I love the PGS/manticore arms hybrid with the steel feed lips. Only $20 each.

Reactions: 92G and Snipe260
    What suppressors are you guys using on this setup?

I ran a Bowers 9mm SMG can on one for a bit. Thing is large and heavy but holy crap it's quiet. I'd probably look at a Rugged Obsidian or Griffin Resistance if I did it again.

I have a pistol and a carbine. Love both of them. For shits and giggles I purchased a binary trigger for the pistol w/ brace and thats a blast to shoot. The CZ has no problems keeping up with the rate of fire with the binary trigger.

Running a full size rifle and SBR. Well made sticks. RobSkit just finished up a 5,000 round torture test on the Scorpion with good results.

My son has one and it's definitely GTG. We were going to the range today but he just called and said he's not going, so I said ok but I'm taking your Scorpion without you. So that's what I think about it. ;)

Reactions: 92G and Snipe260
    My Scorpion is the most fun gun that I own. Everyone that shoots it loves it. Being recoil operated, it's a simple firearm and suppresses very well. No need to mess with gas settings and I don't notice any blowback with an Octane 9. Using a Trijicon MRO, I can ring a 6" steel plate at 100yds all day.

Mine started life as a pistol. I SBR'd it using CZ's 922r compliance parts kit. Since it wears a suppressor all the time, I swapped in the longer carbine handguard. Grip and safety are Apex Tactical parts. Also has HBI spring kit and extended charging handle.

For the negatives: it has a massive bolt carrier group which probably helps reliablility but makes the gun heavy for a 9mm.
    The disconnector on mine broke a couple of weeks ago. It's one of the 922r parts from CZ USA. The internet says it was a bad heat treat batch and that CZ will send a replacement but I just put the original disconnector back in. The HBI charging handle keeps me in compliance.
    The trigger out of the box is terrible. Lots of take up and heavy pull. The HBI springs help and CZ Custom makes an aftermarket trigger but it's pricey.

I considered the Sig MPX but I am so glad I got the CZ instead. One of my favorite guns.
    IMG_20190412_161457.jpg

Love mine, bought a carbine on a whim. Hindsight being 20/20, I should of grabbed a pistol.

With that bring said, it's awesome, great aftermarket support. Fun to shoot, like the poster above, I plan on running a similar set up. I'll toss on a 7 inch barrel, full length handguard, and run it supressed.

I view the scorpion as the glock of PCC's. Its not the most refined weapon out the but it just works, and their is enough aftermarket support to taylor

Just got one and love it!

why would anyone sbr this with the "arm brace" options?

easy to take apart, cheap, reliable.

literally the perfect truck or home defense firearm. no tax stamps needed.

Lots of aftermarket options

Thank you ATF

Last edited:
    The only reason that i plan on filing my form 1 is just because I bought the rifle first and its a little "easier" to just mount the K barrel and be done, if i wanted to do the Pistol that process would be a little more complicated and since I am currently overseas, I just do wants easiest at the time

Either way its a great little carbine

This is what I have and it is awesome. Super reliable and quiet. It is a two stamp gun but worth the money and wait. Its super compact with the integral suppressor, no other 9mm suppressed is this short. When the stock is folded it will fit in your trucks center console, maybe. I run mine with a 50 round drum mag and a Franklin Armory Binary trigger. The Binary trigger is amazing for super fast accurate doubles, litterally stacks them on top of one another. You can also do a 50 round mag dump in seconds as fast as a true full auto once you get the hang of it. It also lets you shoot full power 9mm 115gr. and drops its velocity to sub-sonic again queit. I do run 158gr. subs in it as well, maybe a little quieter this way. Awesome fun gun and would make a great inside defense gun room clearer. I run a red dot on mine.

I bought mine at Merchant Firearms in phoenix az. Aaron the owner is a super nice guy. I believe they have them in stock ready to go.

602-526-6796

Just got one and love it!

why would anyone sbr this with the "arm brace" options?

easy to take apart

literally the perfect truck or home defense firearm. no tax stamps needed.

Lots of aftermarket options
    What arm brace did you get?

This is what I have and it is awesome. Super reliable and quiet. It is a two stamp gun but worth the money and wait. Its super compact with the integral suppressor, no other 9mm suppressed is this short. When the stock is folded it will fit in your trucks center console, maybe. I run mine with a 50 round drum mag and a Franklin Armory Binary trigger. The Binary trigger is amazing for super fast accurate doubles, litterally stacks them on top of one another. You can also do a 50 round mag dump in seconds as fast as a true full auto once you get the hang of it. It also lets you shoot full power 9mm 115gr. and drops its velocity to sub-sonic again queit. I do run 158gr. subs in it as well, maybe a little quieter this way. Awesome fun gun and would make a great inside defense gun room clearer. I run a red dot on mine.

I bought mine at Merchant Firearms in phoenix az. Aaron the owner is a super nice guy. I believe they have them in stock ready to go.

602-526-6796

Why 2 stamps if the suppressor is integral?

1 stamp for suppressor, 1 stamp for SBR. If the integral can is permanently attached to the barrel and the total length of barrel + can is 16" or more then it would be 1 stamp for can and that's it.

haha what? do you just enjoy spending money?

Please, please I'd love to hear why permanently attaching the suppressor is better than being able to unscrew it and use it
    on countless firearms.

I suppose theres always a way to fuck up one of the few ATF gifts out there when making it an sbr isn't needed at all by law as is.

But then again. you lost me at "mag dumps"

haha what? do you just enjoy spending money?

Please, please I'd love to hear why permanently attaching the suppressor is better than being able to unscrew it and use it
    on countless firearms.

I suppose theres always a way to fuck up one of the few ATF gifts out there when making it an sbr isn't needed at all by law as is.

But then again. you lost me at "mag dumps"

I just answered his question as to why with an integral can it's still a 2 stamp gun...

Yes but it was a stupid answer

It's the law... You may think the law is stupid, but its the correct answer as to why it's a 2 stamp gun. Still don't get why you are attacking me for answering a question someone asked about someone else's post.

I have two scorpions, one SBR and one with the gear head brace. Both get abused regularly. As a lefty I get no gas to the face suppressed. My buddy went MPX and hates it, always says how he should’ve gotten a Scorpion.

My Scorpion is the most fun gun that I own. Everyone that shoots it loves it. Being recoil operated, it's a simple firearm and suppresses very well. No need to mess with gas settings and I don't notice any blowback with an Octane 9. Using a Trijicon MRO, I can ring a 6" steel plate at 100yds all day.

Mine started life as a pistol. I SBR'd it using CZ's 922r compliance parts kit. Since it wears a suppressor all the time, I swapped in the longer carbine handguard. Grip and safety are Apex Tactical parts. Also has HBI spring kit and extended charging handle.

For the negatives: it has a massive bolt carrier group which probably helps reliablility but makes the gun heavy for a 9mm.
    The disconnector on mine broke a couple of weeks ago. It's one of the 922r parts from CZ USA. The internet says it was a bad heat treat batch and that CZ will send a replacement but I just put the original disconnector back in. The HBI charging handle keeps me in compliance.
    The trigger out of the box is terrible. Lots of take up and heavy pull. The HBI springs help and CZ Custom makes an aftermarket trigger but it's pricey.

I considered the Sig MPX but I am so glad I got the CZ instead. One of my favorite guns.
    View attachment 7060207

My SBR Scorpion is almost identical to this one except I used an Omega 9K suppressor that fits under the carbine handguard. I also broke my 922r disconnector last weekend, I called CZ and they are sending a new one no charge. I forgot that I have the original somewhere, with the new charging handle and other US made parts I’m not worried about 922 count.

I have a bunch of the Magpul mags on backorder for the last few months, but I’ve also read good things about the PSA AK-V mags in the scorpion so I may order some at $15 each. I was also eyeballing the Franklin Arms binary trigger.

602-526-6796

Aaron is a good dude, I purchased several of my suppressors from Merchant Friearms.

It's the law... You may think the law is stupid, but its the correct answer as to why it's a 2 stamp gun. Still don't get why you are attacking me for answering a question someone asked about someone else's post.

The law isn't stupid. spending money to make that a 2 stamp gun is stupid.

At the same time I give no fucks, it's your money.

Love mine but a good friend loved it more so now he bought it and I still shoot it, be careful who you let it shoot.
    Cheers

Go to HB Industries and look at trigger / grip options, the best inexpensive upgrades that make a massive, yes massive, difference in shooting the Scorpion. I changed out my hand guard for the Paske Sapper, which feels better than the stock hand guard, but buy the barrel nut tool too, or you'll royally fuck it up like I did. CZ jizzed thread lock on that fucker like some prize stallion.
    510 is great, but look too at the 512. I've got a few of bother and prefer the enclosed design, but functionally they're the same.

Go to HB Industries and look at trigger / grip options, the best inexpensive upgrades that make a massive, yes massive, difference in shooting the Scorpion. I changed out my hand guard for the Paske Sapper, which feels better than the stock hand guard, but buy the barrel nut tool too, or you'll royally fuck it up like I did. CZ jizzed thread lock on that fucker like some prize stallion.
    510 is great, but look too at the 512. I've got a few of bother and prefer the enclosed design, but functionally they're the same.

Yeah HB is good. I recommend changing the selector lever, different options available but it's a must do. Magpul also has a nice grip, mag release, and mags.

Go to HBI and look at trigger / grip options, the best inexpensive upgrades that make a massive, yes massive, difference in shooting the Scorpion.
    yeah definitely not a fan of the trigger lmao think most of use aren’t from what I’ve read. So far just the magul angled foregrip ( most likely come off don’t know how I feel about it yet) also changed out the pistol grip from HB industries along with the safety delete. I appreciate the advice my man definitely look more into the 512.